Can't Burn DVD's

dj43

3 posts in this topic

I have Kalyway 10.5.2 work perfectly but I am unable to burn DVD's. Both my ATA and Sata dvd burners are detected and are able to read cd/dvd's but when I try to burn something I get the following error message "0x80020022" has anyone run into this problem and how do you fix it.

Tanks in advance

I found this on http://macosx.com/forums/:

I have not been able to really solve the problem but a couple of things have worked for others and the last is 60% success for me.

1) Use good DVD's only (TDK's are good). Don't use DVD+RW at all. They will not work.

2) Repair disk permissions on your boot drive.

3) Don't write at max speed, maybe half. Make sure that you don't have the hard drive going into sleep mode.

3) Create a new user account.

4) Open up the international language preference pane, drag another language to top, drag english back to the top, order for english and word break on english. I have no idea why this seems to work.

Apple has not been able to solve the problem. Maybe one day they will accidentally solve it. I was told to buy an external DVD working on the USB and I could write much faster and reliably. Hope this helps. If your machine is new, take it to Apple and demand a new drive. Maybe they will do something after a while.