single key "<" not working on eeepc 1000h

robbe23

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I installed iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 on my EeePC 1000h. Works fine with usual setbacks (no audio, no ethernet) but I knew that beforehand.

One big stupid problem remains: the "<>"-key on the left bottom, between the shift- and y-keys (German keyboard), does not work. This is especially annoying if you try to edit html :-< and renders the whole thing unusable.

I tried an external Apple-USB-Keyboard, which worked.

I tried a key-remapping software, "Ukelele", but the problem does not seem to be mapping, as Ukelele does not reckongnize the key either.

I looked at the ApplePS2Controller.kext, but it was installed and worked. On the forum I cound not find a later version (mine being from April 7th, 2008)

Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed further?

Thanks,

Rob

If its working similar to a Swedish keyboard, Try the key to the left of '1' on your keyboard, the very top left key of the keyboard if you exclude escape.

I cant type what key it is because it is bound to < and > :)

Edit, wait a minute I found it ... look for the § key :)

hi seruk,

yes! you are right. it works. amazing, I really thought I'd tried all keys. On my keyboard, the key should be bound to ^ and ° but I guess as I am no meterologist, for the moment I can live without degrees and whatever the ^ roof is.

thank§