InputRemapper on new Aluminum Macbooks

Jeffrey T

10 posts in this topic

I'm having weird problems under Windows XP on my new MB (Al case, 2.4Ghz) with 1.0.04

The 'macbook keyboard settings' option doesn't appear, and when I load the 'macbook settings', the laptop appears to freeze up.

Is anybody else seeing this?

---UPDATE---

Found out some of the BootCamp drivers hadn't left the room, working better now.

Fan control doesn't seem to do anything, and it doesn't appear to be reading the light sensor.

Screen and Keyboard backlight control works though. Nuts, would be nice to be able to control automatically.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jeffrey-

Can you explain how you got those bootcamp drivers to "leave the room"?

I have installed inputremapper on my new Aluminum MBP in order to control the fan speed and I'm likewise experiencing random 10 second freezes.

Please let me know what I can do.

All the best,

~M

i have the same "freeze" problem, i think need to wait for the next release to fix this coz more aluminum macbook user will face the heat problem....

i also need it to turn on the fan when i am in bootcamp.

i found it is the only app that can manually turn the fan on.

Speedfan won't work....

• 3 weeks later...
i have the same "freeze" problem, i think need to wait for the next release to fix this coz more aluminum macbook user will face the heat problem....

i also need it to turn on the fan when i am in bootcamp.

i found it is the only app that can manually turn the fan on.

Speedfan won't work....

I concur. I e-mailed one of the Speedfan developers, and he said he's working on a Speedfan profile for the new MacBook and Pro. As far as input remapper, I haven't experienced the freeze problem yet, but my light sensor doesn't seem to be registering. For instance, in the configuration screen, the slider for the light sensor INPUT jumps from far left to only an increment right of it, and then back continuously -- suggesting that there is little to no light, and it's sporadic -- regardless of the amount of light in the room. This is in whichever mode that allows you to control the parameters, and since it's either detecting no light or very little, and additionally because it's skittish between the two, setting the min max to that range causes the screen to turn off then on at the darkest of settings over and over again. Unless I misunderstand how it works, I believe this also affects the keyboard lighting.

My other question is about the fan control, and I'm hoping that i just don't understand how it works. Is it possible to have the fan(s) adjust themselves depending on temperature inputs, or is the only option that we set a fixed speed for each and adjust it later if needed?

Thanks, Adam.

• 2 months later...

I Have Aluminium MacBook MB467LL/A

After I installed BootCamp and InputRemapper It was same problem.

The "freeze" comes becouse InputRemapper and BootCamp services runs at same time.

Solution:

1 way) For work with rigth click you mast onse run process KbdMgr.exe and kill it after initialization this service, after that you can run InputRemapper and it will be no "freeze" and sussesfull work.

2 way) I have wrote program what will do this automaticly, you can download and test it from: http://ighor.info/BootCampToInputRemapper.rar

You mast:

1) install BootCamp

2) install my program (BootCampToInputRemapper.rar)

3) install InputRemapper

4) reboot computer

Enjoy!

PS: I waiting for multitouch version of InputRemapper and I can help with programming. Who can give me some event code ?