Help with Volumes Privileges

@ddi

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I have gone for the 10.5.5 update and got everything messed up so I thought to be a good idea to make a new installation and I did on a new HD, this time i did not mess it up ang got 10.5.5 running... but now I cannot access any of the previous installations folders and volumes because have no privileges for them. When I "Get Info" on them it says that _unknown and staff and everyone do have "custom" privileges and does not let me change them.

Disk Utility also does not let me fix them, when I select the partition I want fixed the option is greyed.

I also tryied to be root looged in as root but could not change the volumes privileges either.

thank in advance to you all for the help :(

my spec: Asus p5k-e wifi intel Q9450 2.66ghz 4gb ram 8800GT Used kalyway for install and followed the forum for the updates Vanilla kernel...reboot and shutdown not really working properly yet I think

I have tried it but :) does not work...

It get the check mark in place but finder does not let me open the volume. If I log in as root I can reed the content but still cannot change the volume privileges and they are all set to "custom"