Reboot loop after install

jharitos

2 posts in this topic

Okay, Considering I have no experince with mac software I would say I have done okay so far. :D The problem I have hit now is that I have osx installed. Okay now I turn my computer on it boots to the darwin boot loader, Then it flashes a couple of messages across the screen. it goes way to fast to read it. But from what I can tell the last line says starting... dont know what the word after that is. I have an GF7050VT-M(V1.0) motherboard. and a E5200 Pentium dual core processor. I believe the chipset is an nvidia chipset. I installed 10.5.1 kalyway install. I had vanilla kernel checked. Then i did some research and saw that it is not compatible with nvidia chipsets. Correct me if im wrong but is this probably my issue? Is it that its trying to start the vanilla kernel but then crashes because I have a nvidia chipset. I have a Ati card in the PCI slot but I didnt think the video card would cause an issue like this. Anyways ill let the people who know more then me (you guys) see if ya'll know of any other issue it could be. My guess is I am going to have to reinstall and not check the vanilla kernel. But that is a real shot in the dark. Thanks ahead of time for any help reguarding this issue.

• 2 months later...

Hey,

I just purchased the same board. I was reading in some forums to see if I would encounter problems. I read in the forum, many people were having the same issue as you and I. The sollution to the problem was offered buy the Tech. support. He said that the board doesnt support the latest processors out of the box. You need to download lates bios from there website. He said that I would have to use a LGA775 celeron processor to put the new bios on that supported my processor. I know....... I siad the same thing as you. I wasnt happy about it either. I just located the cheapest one I could find. Updated the bios and it worked. I hope this helps you.

Here is the link to the forum I read about fix.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/252633-3...boot-post-error

The site to get the bios revision is www.ecsusa.com

Again............Hope this gets you up and running?