Boot Problems Vista+Mac OS

Evgeni Metodiev

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I'm quite new to this entire stuff, but I really want to experience the best of the "two worlds". Well, I read a lot about installing MacOS and so on, and finally, I did it. After installation was completed, my vista could not boot, so I followed the steps that almost any guide offers: tried repairing the WinVista with my installation DVD. I did so, but it did not help, so I had to reinstall Windows. Now I have a fresh copy of Vista and MacOS X 10.5.2 installed on a separete partiotion on my hard drive, thats not visible under vista. How can I make a dual boot, so that I can access my MacOS X, will it require reinstalling it again??? 

Hope someone will help me with this one

You simply reinstalled Vista. To repair Vista you would have made Vista partition active using Repair->Command Prompt.->Diskpart. Once it was active then it would have been repaired. Any way, for now you need to make your leopard partition active (use diskpart) and install a boot loader (I prefer Darwin) to get dual booting. If any problem then post.