New 'glass' MacBook and MacBook Pros

hitman38

11 posts in this topic

personally i dont like the glass screens... too much glare. but the touchpad/button interests me.

I have to admit, I initially didn't like the gloss screen. Now I wouldn't prefer anything else. A slight trade off if a light source is shining on the screen at JUST the right angle... easily fixed with a little adjustment (heck, it's a laptop). Otherwise, the fact that it's usable outside in natural lighting was pretty cool IMO.

They're awesome but too expensive (in Europe) and the removal of the firewire in MacBooks makes me really upset. I think I will take a MacBook white.

I hadn't noticed that. Yeah, that's a bummer man. Makes me kinda feel better about my white MacBook now :D

I agree, the lack of firewire on the Macbooks is awful. Couldn't they at least do external sata?

Professionals buy the Macbook PRO for the firewire. How many professional musicians have you ever seen on stage with a MB? All the Macs I've ever seen on stage are MBPs.

I like the glass screen. If it's as scratch resistant as my iPhone's glass screen, that's win right there.