No0b! Please Help Me Tri Boot!

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I Am looking to get OSX installed to my current Duel XP/Vista Boot. What I Currently Have Is three Diffrient HD's. One With Vista (With boot manager), One With XP, and the other for, hopefully OSX. I HAve my system to start from the vista's boot manager, and from there, you select the OS. I used vistabootPRO to set up my current multi boot. Thans for the hepl, any questions, just ask!

Hi, I Am looking to get OSX installed to my current Duel XP/Vista Boot. What I Currently Have Is three Diffrient HD's. One With Vista (With boot manager), One With XP, and the other for, hopefully OSX. I HAve my system to start from the vista's boot manager, and from there, you select the OS. I used vistabootPRO to set up my current multi boot. Thans for the hepl, any questions, just ask!

Try EasyBCD 1.7.2......In EasyBCD your BCD entry for OS X will not be pointing at the OS X HDD but at the OS X boot file location, i.e. Darwin EFI bootloader (which then points to the OS X system......so, try

1. Partition (MBR) and format (HFS+) the required OS X volumes on your intended OS X HDD

2. Boot into Vista....go to EasyBCD.....then to Bootloader Management....and choose to “Reinstall Vista Bootloader”

3. Install the Darwin EFI bootloader/OS X setup

4. In EasyBCD add a new OS X entry

You are a noob for sure having 3 different hard drives for 3 operating systems when you could have spent SOOO much less money on getting a nice big hard drive and just partitioning it.

I have XP x64, Linux (Ubuntu), and Mac OS X Leopard all on 1 500GB hard drive and i use GRUB.

You are a noob for sure having 3 different hard drives for 3 operating systems when you could have spent SOOO much less money on getting a nice big hard drive and just partitioning it.

I have XP x64, Linux (Ubuntu), and Mac OS X Leopard all on 1 500GB hard drive and i use GRUB.

IMHO I have to disagree there.....if your bootloader (GRUB) gets corrupted you are stuck until it is sorted.....having a separate HDD for each OS means you never lose productivity.......farsighted rather than noobish....... :D

um, my XP drive wont boot now. it uses a legacy boot driver, but im getting a file is missing hal.dll error. i think somthin is wrong with my boot.ini any ideas?

Look here for booting XP via EasyBCD.....

thanks asgain! got it working :P

Glad to help..... :)