dv3500t

NeoDuragon

8 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bkpatel7

Hey,

Bought the dv3500t last week and tried installing iAtkos v2.0i (10.5.1)

Everything worked for the most part, except Sound, Video, Wireless.

Wireless - Intel 5100 Nex-Gen N w/ Bluetooth

Sound - Standard IDT HD Audio Codec w/ Altec Lansing Speakers

Video - 512 MB Nvidia GeForce 9300M GS - Stuck in 1024x768 resolution.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bkpatel7
I installed kalyway 10.5.2

no sound... still trying to get it fixed, if anyone comes by a solution please post.

no wifi...using broadband wireless cdma!!

graphics work but stuck at 1024 res...

I reinstalled using iDenebv1.3 10.5.5.

Sound - I used the information given in this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132495

This will work very well, Speakers, Mute, Headphones

Graphics - Used Nvinject for 512 MB cards off the iDeneb DVD

Wifi - I'm running the Intel 5100 AGBN so I'm out of luck and can't swap out cards either since HP locks their BIOS. I'm looking to buy a USB Stick soon. Suggestions - Let me know

I reinstalled using iDenebv1.3 10.5.5.

Sound - I used the information given in this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132495

This will work very well, Speakers, Mute, Headphones

Graphics - Used Nvinject for 512 MB cards off the iDeneb DVD

Wifi - I'm running the Intel 5100 AGBN so I'm out of luck and can't swap out cards either since HP locks their BIOS. I'm looking to buy a USB Stick soon. Suggestions - Let me know

I'm running the dv5t at home and if you used the patch for audio in that thread...try shutting down your laptop...with those kexts, it won't shut off. Also, try your headphone port too. I think a few people reported audio from both speakers and the headphone jack, simultaneously.

As for the wifi, I opted for the 'wireless-g' option and got lucky with a Broadcom chip. Finally, as for graphics (check this all in my sig) I used 'nvdarwin' and it properly reports but card in 'about this mac'. It's all running great but I have a few audio bugs to iron out. BTW, I did use iDeneb 10.5.5 too. It worked for the most part but I think it's missing some Carbon libararies or whatever...some apps I run, won't install cuz that's missing... ;)

Guest bkpatel7
I'm running the dv5t at home and if you used the patch for audio in that thread...try shutting down your laptop...with those kexts, it won't shut off. Also, try your headphone port too. I think a few people reported audio from both speakers and the headphone jack, simultaneously.

As for the wifi, I opted for the 'wireless-g' option and got lucky with a Broadcom chip. Finally, as for graphics (check this all in my sig) I used 'nvdarwin' and it properly reports but card in 'about this mac'. It's all running great but I have a few audio bugs to iron out. BTW, I did use iDeneb 10.5.5 too. It worked for the most part but I think it's missing some Carbon libararies or whatever...some apps I run, won't install cuz that's missing... :)

-I've tested the Audio and it works fine for me - Headphone Jack and all.

-Shut down has no issues, it's actually quite quick to shutdown, only issue is that start up takes some time, otherwise Start/Restart/Shutdown is all good. (I'm also Dual-Booting with Vista)

-Wireless, I upgraded to the Intel 5100 so I'm out of luck whereas you got lucky with that.

-NvInject for 512 MB Cards worked for me, Just shows up as a Nvidia Graphics Card - but Everything is works - QE/CE both.

Does Yours report back the correct Card Type?

-And Installation is fine thus far for me - CS4 Master Collection, Final Cut Express, Office 2007 all are working. What did you try installing, I want to see if I get those same errors.

• 2 weeks later...
-I've tested the Audio and it works fine for me - Headphone Jack and all.

-Shut down has no issues, it's actually quite quick to shutdown, only issue is that start up takes some time, otherwise Start/Restart/Shutdown is all good. (I'm also Dual-Booting with Vista)

-Wireless, I upgraded to the Intel 5100 so I'm out of luck whereas you got lucky with that.

-NvInject for 512 MB Cards worked for me, Just shows up as a Nvidia Graphics Card - but Everything is works - QE/CE both.

Does Yours report back the correct Card Type?

-And Installation is fine thus far for me - CS4 Master Collection, Final Cut Express, Office 2007 all are working. What did you try installing, I want to see if I get those same errors.

I've had this running for some time now. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

My audio is still goofy. Haven't tried tweaking it but it's still weird...headphones and ext. speakers play at the same time

Shutdown is fine now but I'm using a different audio kext than the one that was provided in that "IDT Audio" on here

Wifi is fine but I still see the blinking and it still drives me nuts but oh well...(Broadcom chip...used a text based installer in terminal to get working)

NVDarwin works great for the video chip! I tried others but this one worked best of the bunch. CI/QE are great!

Card reader...I haven't even attempted to use it yet.

I also have yet to install any software but that will come with time.