XxX_Os_X86_10.5.5_Beta1

BlackCH

102 posts in this topic

...First of all a BIG thanks to all the developers and coders whose work is included on this release... without them it wouldnt be possible!

Now, I' ve been working on a new ISO. This is 10.5.5 and I will try to put as many drivers as possible.

I uploaded some snapshots from the installer.

Drivers request are welcome ONLY if you are CERTAIN the driver works and you PM me the download link. Then I will include it on the final release. But, please, first check if isnt already in the driver list...

So far the DVD is looking good. I need to do some more test by myself and then the beta testing will be open (in a week or so)....

Update:

Beta 1 + PPF 1 Uploaded

thanx everyone!

post-51637-1224002273_thumb.png

post-51637-1224002283_thumb.png

post-51637-1224002291_thumb.png

post-51637-1224002300_thumb.png

post-51637-1224002317_thumb.png

post-51637-1224002326_thumb.png

Could you maybe add one Device ID?

Dell Dimension 9200(XPS410) uses the: ICH8RAHCI in both AHCI and RAID Mode but the ID is different than the stock on in the AppleAHCIPort.kext the rest is the same.

Example:

<key>ICH8RAHCI</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>

<key>Chipset Name</key>

<string>ICH8-R AHCI</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleAHCI</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x28218086 0x28228086</string> <<<<<<<< Please add

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>2000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>Vendor Name</key>

<string>Intel</string>

</dict>

<key>ICH8RRAID</key>

<dict>

Thanks

SticMAN

One very important issue here, could you make it Jmicron IDE bootable?

I think it has been resolved already but simply no one include in their release.

h t t p://chameleon.o s x 8 6 .hu/articles/chameleon-1011-with-jmicron-ide-dvd-sse2-amd-k10-phenom-support

One very important issue here, could you make it Jmicron IDE bootable?

I think it has been resolved already but simply no one include in their release.

h t t p://chameleon.o s x 8 6 .hu/articles/chameleon-1011-with-jmicron-ide-dvd-sse2-amd-k10-phenom-support

Infact iDeneb works with JMICRON as IDE - i got no problem here with my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 Rev2 and IDE DVD-ROM and SATA 2 as AHCI setup on MacOSX

thanks for your effort and vast array of driver support. while you are still making finishing touches on this iso, will you please make an effort to ensure it will install on both sata hdd and dvd, i got most of the distro some dont install on a sata hdd and dvd. tia

incorporate dfe-132 and you'll have a kick ass always updateable release.

just look at the instahackintosh app.

I will see. boot 123 isnt so universal; and not all kexts can be loaded from the Extra folder. But I might add it as an optional....

Oh great. But PLEASE don't put too many customizations (icons, wallpapers..etc) . Leave the default theme and applications intact. Let the people do the customization they like.

I'm really looking forward to this release because I really liked your 10.4.11 release.

Here is the AppleHDA.kext and HDAenabler.kext I patched for ALC662. It will make ALC662 give stereo output and input through back panel only (I still can't front panel working). Volume control is also working (This is the only kext to give volume control with ALC662.

It's working for MOST people. Here is the thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...11904&st=20

Also here you'll find 10.5.5 integrated framebuffer for GMA950 to work with 10.5.5 stock kexts: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...11904&st=20

Also, here you can find the restart fix for pc so that we can use stock ACPI kexts. http://www.psystar.com/openhaltrestart.html

Thanks in advance BlackCH.

ALC662_Dr._Hurt.zip