D-Link DWL-G520 (PCI)

13 posts in this topic

Hello to all,

I orded a few days ago a D-Link DWL-G520 (PCI), today I found an update on the WIKI that says in the notes "Recognise as AirPort Extreme (HW vA1 ONLY)". On dlink.com there is another DWL-G520 PCI but Rev. B(V.B1). Is anyone reporting problems with Rev. B with 10.4.5? You can check the version on the serial code found on the box. I hope I didn't buy a bad card!

Thanks

interesting i missed the revision a part :angry: . i also just ordered a dlink dwl-g520b card ! .. hope it works for the both of us, post back if you have already tried yours. im getting mine sometime this week. (if it doesnt work im gonna trade my card for my brothers dwl-510, which i can confirm DOES work in osx) with the 510 working, i dont see why the 520b wouldnt work. cheers

Thanks orph3us for your reply,

I'll probably be able to try the card in the weekend, let me know if you try first. I checked the DWL-510 on dlink.com, same thing, there is a Rev. A and a Rev.B......... Maybe Rev. A shows up as "Airport Extreme" and Rev. B as simple "Airport"(probably the WIKI notes mean this), what do tou think? I hope someone gives us good news in the meantime!

just got my dwl 520 in the mail today. havent tried it yet though as im downloading a debian dvd iso :idea:. but ill try it as soon as thats done, (2 hours?) anyway, to answer your question about airport and airport extreme. airport extreme just means that its capable of running in g mode and airport is 802.11b if im not mistaken, so im pretty sure that if it works at all it should show up as airport extreme.

it did not work for me with the g520 revision b. it didnt detect automatically and i didnt bother to adjust the plist ids. So i dont know if thats a problem. Anyway, i put in the gw510 revision b and that works fine for me. the 520's a better card so if you guys get it working let me know on this thread too ;) thanks

Hi there, I am using the same card (H/W Ver: B3). It was detected as an airport card. However, the connection was dropped when the system idled a while. I am not sure whether it was just me, or other ppl have the same problem for wireless connection. Similar problem was found for some new MacBook Pro at Apple's forum. I am using myzar 10.4.5.

i have revision B of this wireless card. after installation of osx the first run program starts up and allows me to set up the wireless card. everything works fine there. it can find access points and connect with wep keys and things, but once the computer gets booted up the wireless icon says that the airport isnt configured and it doesnt show up in system profiler or the system preferences -> network settings. my vendor and product ids do show up in the atheros kext, so it should work, but i dont know what is causing it to do this. any of you guys had a problem with this before?

• 3 years later...

Hy guys, something of a problem for me too... Same card, iAtkos ver 10.5.7 on the machine, my brother spent a whole night with the setup of the wifi chip, downoalding and hacking kexts and so forth, but even now it sux...i mean, i get ridiculously bad reception, and my bro said he did a ping test between the router and the machine and cca. half the data got lost in thin air...don't really know what that means, have something of an idea, but not entirely sure....butttt the real question would be...What could mend this problem? I'm an absolute n00b with this hackintosh thing...If there is anything you guys know, please let me know!

Anddd a few more things: he gets excellent reception with his notebook at the same distance from the router as my machine, also hackintosh, same version, and he says that the chip in a notebook is supposed to be lamer than mine, so it cannot be the router's fault, 'cause with the other two notebooks its fine and dandy...plz help!

• 2 years later...

would be great if someone make a "how to configure" (or something like that) for this PCI wifi card on LION.

I'm using DWL-G520 (rev. B), 10.7.1 on a Asus sabertooth x58 and i7. I don't get any function on that wireless card.

Any suggestion?..

Thx in advance.