Help! AGP Geforce 7300GT 10.5.5 0x02e210de

Valdrone

10 posts in this topic

How can I get this to work in 10.5.5? The AGPGart driver causes a kernel panic each time I try to use it. The only way I can get any form of display is through using NvKush and running in safe mode. I'm using the iDeneb dvd with the 9.4.0 StageXNU kernel, but I'm open to try the 9.2 and 9.2.2 kernels available on the dvd. When I previously had a Radeon X1600 inside, I would not receive a kernel panic with the AGPGart driver, but now it does. The X1600 doesn't work for other reasons. Here are my specs:

Socket 478 Pentium 4 Prescott Series 3.0ghz

2GB RAM

Some VIA chipset motherboard

AGP Nvidia GeForce 7300GT 512mb

I've tried adding the ids to the kexts, as instructed by the sticky thread for manual installation, but it doesn't work.

Can anyone help?

So,you are running Nvidia GeForce 7300GT 512mb.Try installing Natit or Titan drivers and ALL SSE2 processor patches.If this drivers for graphic cart dosent work,install all AGP Gart drivers.

This is a prescott series processor, meaning it does have the SSE3 instruction set, so no SSE2 proc patching needed. I'm curious as to what kernel I really should be using. The 9.2.2 kernel seems faster than the 9.4.0 kernel, but I'd assume that it'd be a better bet for stability once booted if I chose the 9.4.0 kernel. Also, does natit still work in 10.5.5?

Actually, disregard this. I've gotten it to work partially with NVdarwin, but when it boots, at first it looks clean, but when I open a window it doesn't draw properly, ex: the system preferences window, it only draws the search box unless I drag the window around. If I change resolution the artifacting gets worse until it become an unusable mess of chunks of white and blue pixels, along with a mouse cursor. However, it runs QE/CI like that.

This problem may have to do with not running AGPGart, but at the moment I cannot keep it from causing kernel panics.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having the same problem. I have flashed my 7300GT 512mb no TurboCache and worked perfectly on 10.5.2 but when I update to 10.5.4 or 10.5.5 I get a black screen everytime I boot. Even in safe mode. I have used iAtkos 10.5.2 installer and worked perfectly, but when I used iAtkos 10.5.4 or iDeneb 10.5.5 I get this error.

What should I do guys? I'm literally a noob when it comes to configuring things like this with a hackint0sh ;) Thanks guys

SOLVED the problem!

Used : iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5

Try using 9.2.0 kernel SSE3 from your iDeneb installer! Worked like a charm with me.

Installed the packaged nVinject for 512mb

@hecker : Try installing 9.2.0 SSE3 kernel it'll work fine after that