How To Dual Boot Vista And Leopard?

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I need some help with dual booting Vista and Leopard on the same drive, but I also want to update to 10.5.5 when I finish. I'm a total noob and really need some help... If someone could give me the simplest tutorial on how to do this, it'd be great. Oh, and I would also like to know the latest iATKOS or Kalyway I could use to dual boot.

Thanks!

Hey guys, I need some help with dual booting Vista and Leopard on the same drive, but I also want to update to 10.5.5 when I finish. I'm a total noob and really need some help... If someone could give me the simplest tutorial on how to do this, it'd be great. Oh, and I would also like to know the latest iATKOS or Kalyway I could use to dual boot.

Thanks!

See http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=13026

I used the guide provided to dual boot, but the vista partition will not boot. I followed the part about HFS+ Partition Error but I cannot get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

well, i was able to get it to work. just do it step by step. there's one thing that didn't work for me in this instruction, and that's the last step - boot flagging the osx partition after repairing vista. for some reason, i would still get the boot1h (pr something like that) error. the actual steps did work, of course (the bootup as a super user), but the problem was the same.

What worked for me was this. After repairing vista partition, i set the boot flag using parted magic. I just put it on a flash drive and boot up from it, then changed the boot flag from vista to osx and voila! I got darwin with 2 options to boot from (vista ntfs, osx_86). This time, it booted fine into vista or osx. All vista updates went fine w/o any hickups.

parted magic: http://partedmagic.com/wiki/PartedMagic.ph...reatingTheMedia

hope this helps some of ya! enjoy.