iDeneb 10.5.5 >still waiting for root device< PROBLEM !

vladmark

21 posts in this topic

I didnt changed anything in installation because ideneb said that if I have massage - still whiting for root device - I have to apply 1.3 nforce patch. I didnt manage to do that ! I have SATA hard and SATA DVD and dont have any other OS. Do you have some proposition what to select in installation ? Only Kalyway work for me ! Thanks.

Hi, I have GA-X48-DQ6 and having a problem with ideneb 10.5.5, after installation osx wont boot, can somebody please explain how to patch iso file whit some screenshots !!! thanks

download the patch file, all the instructions you need are included to make sure you have the correct iso (md5), patch the file (ppf), verify the patch succeeded (md5)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

the problem is that the patch is supposed to be used if you can't get to the installation menu when you insert de DVD and boot. If you can boot the DVD and install, then the patch won't make it better for you.

It seems the solution to the "Still waiting for root device" is solved by installing the right drivers for your motherboard in the customize installation option.

Hope it helps.

Have you tried just directing it? I know its a hassle, but when you have the option of including boot options, type in rd=diskXsY X=The number of the disk OS X is installed on. 0 if you only have 1 drive, and Y is the parition that its on on that drive. So for me its disk0s1. First Hardrive, first partition. Also be sure to include -v so you can know whats going on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem and tried everything suggested.

On my Dell Precision M4400 it came down to Re-formatting the laptop hard drive under SATA control. This was the main hurdle for me.

Once I did that I was able to re-install and then safe boot and install all of the correct drivers manually.

I had much frustration with this and for me it seemed to come down to the BIOS option where only SATA works for my 4400.

• 5 months later...

I had iatkos v1.0i 10.5.1 upgraded to 10.5.5 and got still waiting for root device message.

reboot -v -f -x

freeze

reboot -v -f

freeze

reboot -v

still freezing

launch iatkos install Cd

rm -Rf /Volume/OSDrive/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

cp -R /Volume/TimeMachine/Backup...../OSDrive/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

reboot -v -f

freeze with panic

reboot -v

freeze with something with cache and MACH REBOOT

reboot -v

tada!!! it's working

/Volume/OSDrive/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext is from my 10.5.1 installation.

You can download it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/230790968/IOAT...1.kext.zip.html

• 3 weeks later...
Would you like to explain that stap for stap for me pleas? Because i have the same problem. And i might work with idlehalt=0 but i don't know how you do that.. :(

Press F8 on Boot screen and there you can use your commant or any other flags like -x -f -v etc.

• 1 month later...
Have you tried just directing it? I know its a hassle, but when you have the option of including boot options, type in rd=diskXsY X=The number of the disk OS X is installed on. 0 if you only have 1 drive, and Y is the parition that its on on that drive. So for me its disk0s1. First Hardrive, first partition. Also be sure to include -v so you can know whats going on.

Heeey. It worked for me! But what do you need to do after its done with that..?

The last sentence I see is:

"Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386"

So.. What to do now? Restart..? Press a key..? I don't know

• 3 weeks later...
I had iatkos v1.0i 10.5.1 upgraded to 10.5.5 and got still waiting for root device message.

reboot -v -f -x

freeze

reboot -v -f

freeze

reboot -v

still freezing

launch iatkos install Cd

rm -Rf /Volume/OSDrive/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

cp -R /Volume/TimeMachine/Backup...../OSDrive/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

reboot -v -f

freeze with panic

reboot -v

freeze with something with cache and MACH REBOOT

reboot -v

tada!!! it's working

/Volume/OSDrive/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext is from my 10.5.1 installation.

You can download it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/230790968/IOAT...1.kext.zip.html

can u explain this in detail plz

• 4 weeks later...

hey i have a pavillion elite m9340 desktop PC,

I've downloaded ideneb 1.3 to install mac os on it, but when its time to restart the computer to start the OS X, it keeps telling "still waiting for root device", i have an intel core 2 quad @2.66 ghz processor with 6gb of ram, also im installing it on a disk partition ( 11 gb) cause my principal OS will be vista. what can i do to solve this problem?

• 4 months later...

I have exact same mobo with code 2 quad q8300 - and i installed no problem but not deneb - i installed iPC 10.5.6 PPE5 and set my mobo to AHCI and used only SATA ports - HDD & DVD, DiDeneb never worked for me

i

Hi, I have GA-X48-DQ6 and having a problem with ideneb 10.5.5, after installation osx wont boot, can somebody please explain how to patch iso file whit some screenshots !!! thanks

• 2 months later...
rd=diskXsY X=The number of the disk OS X is installed on. 0 if you only have 1 drive, and Y is the parition that its on on that drive.

Hello everyone. ... does this realy work? ... I'm "Still waiting for root device" and I've "NVIDIA nForce 520 rev. A3" and no BIOS options described in another topics ... someone could help?

Thanks ...

Hi there vladmark, view this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1296456

Entire, detailed guide on how to install Snow Leopard for your motherboard. Enjoy!