geforce 8800 768mb gtx graphics jerky

Acidic

10 posts in this topic

Hey all,

ive got kalyway 10.5.3 installed and running perfectly. I can change resolution high and everything. But anything 3d, or beyond the screensaver runs very poorly. I'm pretty sure im running the wrong driver or something. Does anyone know what I can do to cure this problem. Thank you!

yeah that definately didn't work. gujal told me to do this

"You need to first delete NVinject or NAtit/Titan, install Leopard Graphics Update and then install NVinject 0.21. LGU has got new drivers for the 8800GTX"

I'm not sure where to find nvinject 0.21, i guess I can get the leopard graphics update from apple... idk.

ok i found this link

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=119229

so i get the leopard graphics update, use nvinject then remove and edit the geforce.kexts?

**EDIT** Okay was just looking at system profiler and noticed that the VRAM Total isn't correct, it says 256 mb when it should be 768 mb, how can i correct that too?

Ok, I installed Leopard Graphics Update, it didn't solve the problem. MGJulius told me to use a efi string, I went ahead and did that, it helped a bit, VRAM now says 768 mb and all the hardware acceleration is supported, but everything is still kind of jerky. I tried deleting nvinject, but that didn't make any difference either. Anyone have any ideas?? Please?? And does anyone know where I can download nvinject 0.21 . The version I had before was 0.15

100% sure it isn't faulty, on the windows partion it runs crysis perfectly. Things like iDVD graphics run very slow and choppy. I tried making a home movie off this computer, and had alot of trouble because of the extremely choppy graphics on the play page. If I run any kind of game it runs choppy. Even the dock is slightly choppy. Really have no clue what to do. I've pretty much tried everything. Anyone else who has a 8800 gtx have this problem?