Problem with Netgear FA311(RTL8139) and Lan onboard P5N-SLI

lolli

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have a problem with Netgear FA311, i don't know why, but if i start the osx i have connection in lan and in internet, after 30/40 minutes i have no more connection(i can't comunicate with router too) and i must restart the pc, than works and again with this problem. I noticed that, when i use a bittorrent, i lose the connection quickly than usual.

I have a Osx86 Ideneb 1.3 based on 10.5.5.

Mobo is Asus P5N-E SLI, and i have the problem with lan onboard , has a Nforce 480 and i must install with Forcedeth driver, problem is that i can see the lan adapter, but if i connet the rj45 cable i always like "disconnected".

What's the problem with this lan adapters?

Thank's, i tried but it not work!

I have installed this kext and come a new ethernet connection, but it still red(cable unplugged).

What can i do? :)

Some nForce NICs are buggy and do not power up properly. Some have been able to work around the issue by powering down the machine completely and removing power for 30 seconds.

Some nForce NICs are buggy and do not power up properly. Some have been able to work around the issue by powering down the machine completely and removing power for 30 seconds.

I tried that out, but don't work.

What about the pci card? Is that possible that work only for 30 minutes?

I have the same problem.

Well I've been able to get everything working except for my ethernet.

I'm running an Asus P5N-D, which does not support on-board ethernet. So I went out and purchased a Netgear GA311 NIC.

In case anyone isn't sure this card uses a Realtek chip set and according to the wiki hardware guide is compatible. I went with the Realtek driver during my Kalway install.

The OS recognizes the card and is able to pull an IP address. The internet works fine anywhere from 5-30 minutes. Than it will pull a new ip address from my 2wire 2800HGV-B gateway, this is what ATT gave me.

Once it aquires this new IP address which is way out of the range that DHCP is setup for, the internet stops working.

I've tried running a linksys router behind the gateway and than plugging my pc into that to act as a buffer so the address it pulls it coming from the DHCP server of the linksys but still it loses the address.

I'm starting to think that this might be a problem with the 2wire gateway and MAC OS. However I have not been able to find anything in the way concerns with this on their website.

If anyone has an idea of what to try next I would love to hear it.

Forgot to mention that prior to adding the Netgear card, my onboard NIC was doing the same thing, minus it actually being able to connect to the internet. But it would pull the correct DHCP address and than later would pull one that was out of range. I since than have disabled the onboard NIC and have done a reinstall of kalway.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Did you ever find a solution?