Dell E520 - Geforce 7300LE — Dual Monitors

dr.vox

2 posts in this topic

Finally having spent about a week getting Kalyway 10.5.2 installed, I'm loving OS X.

Neither inbuilt Audio (Sigmatel 9227) nor the ethernet/wireless will work (Intel 82562V 10/100). They're both default/came with the machine.

As I said, I've only been on the OSx86 scene for about a week, so I don't quite understand most things like kexts, but I did find a supposedly working kext for the Sigmatel 9227.

[All I did was:] I dragged the kext onto the AppleHDA 1.20 app, it said it had successfully patched, I rebooted, but no sound still. Any help?

I've seen people say they've got audio working (and some say they have working networking but it looks like I'll have to get a new compatible NIC for that).

InsanelyMac has been a huge help to me, so thanks to everyone, but I'd love to be able to get the connections and sound working.

EDIT: Also, there's no support for dual monitors. I have an Acer X223Wc and a Dell 170FP. The Acer works fine, but the 170FP is never detected. It's not a huge issue, but I would like to be able to use it if possible.

EDIT2: I'm editing this from my E520 in Leopard! Thrilled I have networking. I found drivers for my Belkin G+ Mimo USB adapter.

Now I'd really like to have audio and dual monitors, though I'm thrilled as it is. Any help with either is really appreciated.

EDIT3: Ok, great, audio is sorted. Found a patched AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext and used Kext Helperb7.app to make sure it was done correctly. Works perfectly.

Now I'd love dual monitor support. Anyone know anything at all about getting dual monitor support in Kalyway/Leopard?

• 1 year later...
Finally having spent about a week getting Kalyway 10.5.2 installed, I'm loving OS X.

Neither inbuilt Audio (Sigmatel 9227) nor the ethernet/wireless will work (Intel 82562V 10/100). They're both default/came with the machine.

As I said, I've only been on the OSx86 scene for about a week, so I don't quite understand most things like kexts, but I did find a supposedly working kext for the Sigmatel 9227.

[All I did was:] I dragged the kext onto the AppleHDA 1.20 app, it said it had successfully patched, I rebooted, but no sound still. Any help?

I've seen people say they've got audio working (and some say they have working networking but it looks like I'll have to get a new compatible NIC for that).

InsanelyMac has been a huge help to me, so thanks to everyone, but I'd love to be able to get the connections and sound working.

EDIT: Also, there's no support for dual monitors. I have an Acer X223Wc and a Dell 170FP. The Acer works fine, but the 170FP is never detected. It's not a huge issue, but I would like to be able to use it if possible.

EDIT2: I'm editing this from my E520 in Leopard! Thrilled I have networking. I found drivers for my Belkin G+ Mimo USB adapter.

Now I'd really like to have audio and dual monitors, though I'm thrilled as it is. Any help with either is really appreciated.

EDIT3: Ok, great, audio is sorted. Found a patched AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext and used Kext Helperb7.app to make sure it was done correctly. Works perfectly.

Now I'd love dual monitor support. Anyone know anything at all about getting dual monitor support in Kalyway/Leopard?

Did you ever get your dual monitors working? I would love to hear about it. Thanks so much!