Weird probleme: the sound is always up

xave

3 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I have an Asus P4P800 that works great with Jas 10.4.11... Excepted that I have a weird problem for the last couple of hours, the sound is always up like if I continuously press the volume button. Imagine I’ve got the sound blip, blip, blip, blip... all the time and this damn icon in the middle of the screen. I tried to repair the authorizations, cleaned the system with onyx... restart the computer... always the same problem.

Please heeeelp.

Thanks

post-4421-1223048830_thumb.png

Hi

Try to unplug/plug your keyboard, switch with another keyboard, cleanup your keyboard.

If you use ps/2 keyboard and mouse, reinstall AppleACPIPlatform.pkg from instalation disk.

And at last try to reinstall your soundcard driver, disable voiceover, unplug microphone ;)

Hi 3mac,

Thanks for the advice. Now the sound is way down... I unplug my keyboard and of course it didn't work... I will try to reinstall AppleACPIPlatform.pkg from instalation disk or to reinstall my soundcard driver.

But the weird thing is; it happened to me a couple of time before and when I restarted the computer it always fixed the probleme.

post-4421-1223110795_thumb.png