Next-gen multiplayer FPS in browser - free on a mac!

pidTHEmonkey

2 posts in this topic

sup dudes. if anyone is bored or has too much time on their hands (like me) you might want to check out the beta of yet another browser-based multiplayer first-person shooter that's supposed to have pretty good graphics and destructible environments all under 10 megs, and, it runs on a mac ^_^

it may not be as good as something like Quake Live (because obviously Carmack can never be beaten) but it's more of a watered-down browser alternative in the meantime.

sanctioned_shot_07.jpg

sanctioned_shot_12.jpg

the game is made by a small indie developer and i was lucky enough to be one of the original beta testers.

if you want, you can play the public beta right now at: http://SanctionedRenegades.com

just to clarify, this is not really a "next gen" game per say (don't expect Crysis or COD, especially under 10 megs) but instead, it is the next generation of browser based games.

i don't think any of the beta testers so far had a mac though, so it be really interesting to see of how the game performance for you guys. (just remember that it's still a beta, so expect a few bugs here and there :) )