WMP54Gv4 Linksys PCI Card not working with 10.5.1

rjjone2

2 posts in this topic

I'm having an issue that I was hoping someone had some insight into. I'm trying to get my WMP54Gv4 Linksys PCI card working with Kalyway's 10.5.1. The wiki page reports that this card will work with "Ralink 10.5 drivers and v10.3 of the Wireless Config Utility". I went to the Ralink website and downloaded the driver for the rt2500 chipset (which I think my card has but did not see a version 10.5 only 10.4) and installed it. On reboot, the wireless utility loads (v10.3) and detects my card and automatically connects me to my neighbor's unencrypted network and I can access the internet through that but when I point it to my network and type in the WPA passcode, the utility says it is connected but I get no internet and then after 5 secs or so it disconnects and the cycle repeats. I have scoured the forums looking for the answer and the only thing I can find is that the utility doesn't except WEP passcodes in uppercase. But nothing about WPA. Everything else on my system works great! Anyone have any experience with this?

3.2 Pentium IV

Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2C motherboard

1 Gb DDR2 ram

tri boot into OSX/XP/Ubuntu (the card works fine in the other 2 OS's)