Blank black screen immediately after grey apple logo

notnarb

2 posts in this topic

So I installed the latest version of iDeneb, which includes OSX 10.5.5 updates (if that is relevant) and the install appeared successful, yet when I boot the partition, it shows the gray screen with the apple logo and a small spinning and after some hard drive activity, the screen cuts to a blank, black screen (actual signal mind you, my monitor turns off when no signal) and does nothing from there.

I am using a Dell Dimension 5100 (desktop tribooting XP, Ubuntu 8.04, and now OSX) with a 2.8GHz P4 and an ATI x1650 pro (which I know is not supported by the iDeneb install). I tried the instructions found in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=52826 by using Ubuntu to insert the files and trying the terminal commands in ubuntu's terminal, however I was unable to do the commands past chmod, being OSX specific. This proved unsuccessful, yielding the same results as before, so I tried the commands in single user mode in Darwin with no more success.

Now I'm stumped and acknowledge that I can probably use my integrated graphics chip (probably a GMA900), but the bios requires that I would take out my current graphics card each time I wanted to access OSX, and I just want to use it with the iPhone sdk, so that may be a tad tedious... Any help on how to get OSX working through the use of linux and/or windows would be greatly appreciated

PS: I have done quite a few searches already but between insanely mac acting sporadically and mac specific commands in all the guides I have found so far, I haven't found a viable solution yet

Must be graphics issues there... Aint sure if 10.5.5 allows graphics injectors didn't with my rad x1900xt so i switched to gfx strings but using nvidia now. Try getting your os x install back to 10.5.4 (you'll ave to reinstall for this) install injectors then make a dump of your gfx card to make efi gfx strings (see netkas forum on how to) then add them to the com.Apple.Boot.plist, delete injectors if all works update to 10.5.5.

Alot i know but it's worth a try if you want that graphics card to work!

If 10.5.5 does allow injectors now correct me :(