Final Cut in more than one computer

enb14

9 posts in this topic

Guys I'm using Final Cut but if there's another computer on the network runing Final Cut I can't use it so is there a way to block that check?

yeah. little snitch to block outgoing traffic but it might stop Final cut from loading.  find another s e r .ial

What I'm doing right now is disconnecting from network since I'm using 6.0.4 and there's no other serial around, just one student works so I think I have to block the port just for final cut.

So what little snitch to use?

something along the lines of. if there are other computers that are running FCP and the serials match and it is not a volume license dont let FCP run. I work for a university and we have te volume license so this doesnt happen.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I was wondering, how exactly do you use Little Snitch to block Final Cut Pro's network query? I have two computers running Final Cut on one network, and I need both to work. But they both won't run at the same time because of this issue. I got Little Snitch, and set 'deny all connections' for Final Cut Pro. But it still won't let Final Cut stay open (since it's running on another machine). Any idea what I'm missing? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

To block Final Cut with Little Snitch:

1. Open the Little Snitch configuration
  2. Click the Green Plus to Create New Rule
  3. Change Allow Connections to Deny Connections
  4. Click the down arrow with the gear to select "Choose Application" and Select Final Cut
  5. Leave Server/Port/Protocol set to Any
  6. Click OK