Help setting up after installation

ennova

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

Thanks for your time reading my post. I'm new to this and I've been trying to get OSX 10.5.4 running on my PC all day. These forums have so much information my head hurts. I've been running into a few problems. Let me start off with what I'm trying to achieve.

I need to have OSX 10.5.4 running, apparently this is the version that is required to run the SDK for the iphone. My PC is as follows:

AMD Opteron 170

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

nVidia 7900 GT-KO

4 GB of Ram

2x 320GB Seagate SATA HDDs

2x 640GB Western Digital SATA HDDs

So far I've manage to get iATKOS_4a AMD installed okay on my system after disabling the netword card and USB legacy in my bios settings. I've also got it dual booting with windows XP just fine. However when it comes to getting stuff like, my video card, network adapters, sound working I run into problems. I just don't understand exactly what I need to do. I've tried following the directions in a few posts, but it seems I just don't get it clearly enough. I don't understand where to start, and what I'm doing(and not doing). Also My installation seems a bit unstable when I try to run applications or install them, do I need to do something special because I'm using an AMD processor? I would appreciate any help that you might be able to give me.

Thanks you greatly,

Ennova

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm booting OSX and Windows from seperate partitions of one of the 320GB HDDs. Not that, that probably makes a difference.

Hi there well you have a good install disk but as i recall iaktos on his version 4 a (a = amd) disk rip out a lot of the extras because people complained it was too big

onboard sound for your board just select ac97

onboard video is marvel yukon though forcedeth will work

video was hmmm oh titan that should all be on your dvd

My rig: Asus a8n sli deluxe

3800+ x2 dual cores always has been seen as dual core

graphic card is 7900gto

running idenb 10.5.5

everything is running fine except for hotline

How do you "select" stuff? I don't think there is a customize button for iAKTOS? Is there a way to get Kalway updated to 10.5.4? Although everytime I try to install Kalway it freezes on me... I can't seem to get past the selection of the partition to install it to, might be a problem since I'm using SATA drives... iAKTOS installs fine, is there a way for me to "patch" it so I have those options when I install it? Thanks,

Ennova

Edit: I'm going to try the iDeneb version, hopefully that will work for me.

iDeneb keeps freezing on installation. It seems to have everything I need, but it keeps freezing.

Edit: I got it working with iATKOS, I'm not sure what the differences are yet between them all... but this one was the only one I could get installed on my machine. I've got most of the stuff working now... just a matter of stability... so I'm not sure if I have it working "correctly". Thanks for your input.