iATKOS v4i install 2 issues

StephenC

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have installed MAC OSX 10.5.4 (iATKOS v4i) on my Guest/test/etc. PC running Vista Home Premium . I installed it on a separate drive. By default I have it booting to the Vista drive. For MAC I just pull-up boot option during post and select the drive with Mac on it.

Here are my system specs.

Motherboard: MSI G31 chipset

Processor: E7200 C2D

Memory: 2x1gb ddr2 6400

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512mb ddr3

Hard Drive – Sata2 3gb : Vista - 350gb, Mac OSX – 500gb

Wireless Card: D-Link WDA-1320 (atheros chipset)

A real PSU

DVD drive with all the R and RW's in the right places.

usb keyboard/mouse and a 20'' Widescreen LCD Monitor

All went well with the install except for two issues.

Issue 1. System time. When it is 5 hours off. If it is 3pm it shows 10am. When I go and change it changes the bios time. (The city I live in is showing for timezone) So when I boot into Vista the system time is 5 hours ahead. (If I don't change it in bios first)

Issue 2. My wireless connection (atheros chipset) will not connect during OS load. The only way I can connect via wireless is opening assist me in the network window and choosing diagnostics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

BTW This is my first mac experience In other words a complete mac noob......

Hey,

Issue one: Doesn't matter whether you running a real mac w/ bootcamp or using a hackintosh the time will always be screwed up. Some people have found fixes though search it in google

Issue two: Never ever seen that happen in osx. Possibly try a different driver.

Congrats on getting your first hackintosh working and good luck

Thanks for the reply!

So the time thing is a known issue. I can live with that. I will google/yahoo though. The atheros chipset drivers for my wireless card came with the custom part of iATKOS v4i. Like I said I'm a complete MAC noob. But an old pro with Microsoft OS's So I am hoping all my troubleshooting skills will be helpful with the MAC. It is like learning a new languish with the command line. Also I keep trying to use the ms windows keystrokes for copy\paste. Got a lot to learn... :thumbsup_anim:

Hey,

Looked around the forums and google, and there is no fix to your wireless card.

To make things easier go to system preferences>accounts>login items and add the application from here: /System/Library/CoreServices/Network Diagnostics.app

Now the diagnostic will boot on login and you can fix the wireless