What to do when install completes sucessfully

DrBytes

4 posts in this topic

What to do when install completes sucessfully but on reboot the PC does not display the login screen. Only a black screen.

I'm familiar with linux so I singeusered in there and catted /var/log/lastlog.ISee there that the last line reads Unable to get the ethernet address. Not sure whether that has anything to do with it. I can also see, earlier in the log, that titan finds my nVidia Geforce 7600 GS, testing it, and Finally Found with an All set, cross your fingers!

Its followed by

Start(vgag) <1>

Start(vgag) <1> failed

loginwind.app starts and then finally the log comes to the ethernet error message and to EOF

So,.. any ideas how to get this fixed? I'm a total n00b at this so be gentle ;)

I should also quote something about my system. Its a Shuttle XPC SN95G5, amd 64bit s939 3400+ with a geforce 7600, 2 sata seagate 15k raptors and 2 gigs of ram.

Good tip on the sig :)

I've done that before and the last messages flash very fast because at that point some UI is trying to get itself going meaning that my display is switching video modes and so you can't really read the last messages.

Is there some other log file I might want to look at to see what's going on?

Well,.. I have no clue what happend but it booted. And everything is upside down ? what the hell ? :wacko: