Dual boot Vista and OSx on separate hdd's

DavidinCT

4 posts in this topic

Hi !

I'm loosing my mind here. I have been searching here for hours and can not resolve this one.

I have OSX 10.5.5 installed to a 3rd PATA(all IDE drives) drive (moved to a new drive with Carbon Copy Cloner it was prev installed to another partition). So there is a total of 3 HDs in this computer and OSx is on Drive 3 (or 2 according to 0-2).

The key thing is, I want to use the Vista Bootloader for this, like I had before.

So I set it up with Chain0, like before, using EasyBCD and when ever I try to select OSX I get an error of "Chain booting error" and nothing. I've tried to drop kaly DVD in on boot up and it just takes me to the install screen.

What am I doing wrong here ?

I'm also trying to install OSX and vista on 2 seperate drives. I did format the 2nd HD for MAC but I didnt change anything on MBR. How do I go about doing that? Should I use a specific program. I'm installing Kalaway 10.5.2 on a Dell XPS 420. Using SATA drives.

I would appreciate any help.

I'm also trying to install OSX and vista on 2 seperate drives. I did format the 2nd HD for MAC but I didnt change anything on MBR. How do I go about doing that? Should I use a specific program. I'm installing Kalaway 10.5.2 on a Dell XPS 420. Using SATA drives.

I would appreciate any help.

I gave up on it, Not sure on the correct way to do this but I could not find out the info. So, I just made new partition on another drive and reinstalled. She works now....