recover data after fdisk -e wrong hard drive

dagrimripper

1 post in this topic

hello. i have posted a similar question on the inspiron 1720 thread, but i am desperate. please help me with this situation

first of all let me tell you that i am a complete noob in all things unix, so i am probably to blame for this, but please try to help me find a solution.

i have an inspiron 1720 with 2 hard drives. on the first one i had vista installed, made room for iAtkos2.0i.

On the second drive i had all my valuable data stored on one single partition.

i installed leopard on the hfs+ partition on the first drive, according to this guide: http://inihilist.wordpress.com/2008/04/05/...and-fool-proof/

and in order to be able to boot vista again i followed the instructions and typed the following, after booting darwin in safe mode [-s]:

[i]fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
flag 1
quit
reboot

[/i]that did not solved the problem, and after i typed ls /dev i discovered that rdisk1 was actually the drive that i installed leopard on, because i saw that it had ridisk1s1 and rdisk1s2 -> which i imagined were the partitions on the first disk

so i did the following

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk1
flag 1
write
-> answered yes
quit
reboot

after this, i followed the next steps to get vista running again, but all the files on the second hard drive had disappeared (except one folder which was still accessible). vista still reports the same amount of used disk space, so i imagine it was not deleted, but i cannot access it. please help me retrieve my valuable data

pleeeease