S.M.A.R.T

maati1980

4 posts in this topic

During installation i cant create any partitions on my HDD. It says "input/output error".

I was looking in the net and i found that it is important to have S.M.A.R.T status "verified". But for my Pavilion 9720US i have permanent S.M.A.R.T enabled in BIOS and the status is "not verified". HDD FUJITSU MHY2160BH is working for 100%. I dont want to install system on external HDD. Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

During installation i cant create any partitions on my HDD. It says "input/output error".

I was looking in the net and i found that it is important to have S.M.A.R.T status "verified". But for my Pavilion 9720US i have permanent S.M.A.R.T enabled in BIOS and the status is "not verified". HDD FUJITSU MHY2160BH is working for 100%. I dont want to install system on external HDD. Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

Hi i no the way i partition is first using PowerQuest PartitionMagic 8.0 and resize the main partition make sure the grey unallocated space has atleast 10gb after you've resized your main partition,

once done go to run type cmd

then type diskutility, select disk 0, list partitions, select partition 1, create partition primary id=af, select disk 0, list partitions, select partition 2, active, exit

This step is very easy and fast to do this will create the partition too start off for the leopard installation

and as normal once your in leopard you go to disk utility and format the partition we just created to mac os x journalled

hope this helped

S.M.A.R.T isn't the issue, I don't think. I've installed on unsupported S.M.A.R.T drives before.

You may want to try formatting the destination partition(s) to FAT32. This is all I've ever done and it's worked fine... never an I/O error.

As dandualbootinman says, format to HFS+ once you've boot to the install disc.