Time Machine boot kalyway don't work

xhidex

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I need to restore my system with time machine bacause 10.5.5 update crash my hackintosh...

I tried with Kalyway 10.5.2. install dvd to click on Utilities - Time Machine but when I got the window "Restore your stystem" and click "continue" for restore my system, I got just the turning spindle...and my system freeze.

have any solution for restore?

thx!!

Hello,

I need to restore my system with time machine bacause 10.5.5 update crash my hackintosh...

I tried with Kalyway 10.5.2. install dvd to click on Utilities - Time Machine but when I got the window "Restore your stystem" and click "continue" for restore my system, I got just the turning spindle...and my system freeze.

have any solution for restore?

thx!!

hello Xhidex.. i had exactly the same problem.. 10.5.5 crached my "mac" and couldn't use Time Machine Option on Kaly's 10.5.2 DVD... so I installed 10.5.2 again and tried to re-install 10.5.5.. it was possible.. something like this

1. backup kext and kernel with osx86tools

2. run this commands in Terminal (if not, your installation will crash -really, this happened to me :) )

3. Install the combo update BUT DO NO REBOOT

4. CLOSE TERMINAL

5. Restore kext and kernels with osx86 tools...

6. Repair Permissions

7. RESTART... first time with "-v" command on darwin's prompt... it will restart automatically...

I had problems with my video driver, but could fix it with EFI studio, and help of solidary people from here..

GOOD LUCK!!

Hi man, thx for reply,

For the update I have followed the tutorial that you have linked me... but I don't know why... happen this:

First, I cannot find the line with "Dont steal this mac" ... than ok I have restored my kext & kernel and I reboot...

After this I'm unable to launch my system in normal mode....when the "finder" should load, it will not do, and I stuck on a black screen with a never-ending turning spindle...

The only way for boot it's in safe mode,.... I have tried to re-install natit or change with NVinstall but nothing help.

Also a guide about replacing DAVKit Framework founding on the forum does not help me...

you have some idea??

I would like to restore my TM but the kalyway dvd hangs everytime on it....