InsanelyMac Forum
munky

[Guide] Boot from EFI partition, zero modification installs on Intel SSE2 or better...

I too use this method with the chameleon bootloader. Its nice to know what your doing incase it gets messed up with an update.

Advertisement

Can anyone confirm if this method will work on a 1tb internal Hdd? I used boot123 to install Snow Leopard (retail), installed chameleon bootloader v3 and all I get is boot0: gpt, boot0: testing, boot0: failed. I looked at many guides, tried different partition patterns but always the same result. I know it's my 1tb Hdd because I ran the same install on a 160gb Hdd an it worked. I'm running out of ideas and this is my last attempt so any feedback would be appreciated.

Before doing anything else, you should try a more recent version of the Chameleon boot loader.

Several people have reported issues with Chameleon and +1TB hard drives.

I haven't paid much attention because I haven't had this problem myself (I don't have any drives larger than 500GB), so all I can say is visit the VoodooProjects forum and look around in the bug reports and general forums for a solution.

But again, try Chameleon 2.0 RC5 first, this might have been taken care of by now. V3 is very very old.

I am very exhausted of redoing the hole thing everytime I fail to boot. its very frustrating to make a guid partition boot with your way munky or the chameleon way

I have a modern laptop with 1tb hdd sata ii and core i5-2450m and 6gigs of ddr3 1333

I don't see chameleon at boot and I don't see the freakin boot loader ever

I even tried to install on a 80 gb guid hdd and failed to boot

when I fail to boot that means I reboot to my windows installation why why why why why !!!!!!!!!

god knows I have been trying since last week to make mac os x boot by itself but I failed

do you have a solution for my problem

I am so sorry for the inconvenince I made today but I lost my temper and I lost hope also

the one thing that matterred was that I needed to boot os x on my uefi bios with chameleon but I was wrong

chameleon can't boot from uefi ,it boots from bios !!

I was completly blinded so forgive me if you can

I am going to try clover efi boot loader

Problem with this method: When installing Windows 7/Windows 8/Linux in UEFI-mode, it's needs to have a FAT32 EFI-partition to install the Windows Bootmanager to it.

I had hopes this would support a FAT-partition. Is there a (FAT-)module available for the Chameleon bootloader to get this working without any problems for the Windows Bootmanager?

It doesn't matter than if the bootloader supports UEFI. When selecting the EFI-partition as boot, OS X will load.

When selecting the UEFI-boot entry Windows 7/8 will load.

Still it would be better to make an UEFI Chameleon bootloader.

fsck_hfs /dev/disxXs1.

that's useful for my EFI content chameleon extra folder check to mount and use it to make my file available.