Is it possible to stop Leopard from *trying* to mount specific partitions/whole disks?

tomtefar

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I have already set up a dual boot of OSX and Linux (each OS on a separate disk). However when I boot I get this annoying warning saying OSX could not initialize my ext2 disk. Is it possible to force Leopard into *not* trying to mount the partitions/disk at all??

Please do not respond with how I should install ext2fsx or any fuse-version of an ext2/ext3 driver since my goal is to *not* mount the disk.

Thanks for any input!

Yeah, I guess. I was hoping there would be a "cleaner" way just using OSX. I'm a bit hesitant to install ext2fsx since there seems to be a lot of stability issues with it (and I guess the same goes for the newer fuse-based ones). Thanks for your input though! :)

Anyone else have an idea that does not require install of any file system drivers???

• 2 weeks later...

Well I guess the stability issues people are having are when they are actually using the drivers!

I would think that since your system will run with the drivers practically disabled, you shouldn't have any problems.

But then, that's just logic and common sense. It only goes so far.

Good luck.