Help with Crash/Freeze during Kalway Install?

Lucifersangel87

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

my Kalway 10.5.2 install DVD works great up until the '13 minutes remaining' mark, when it freezes for some reason. I'm running it on a Sony Vaio VGN-FE41Z laptop, which has a Centrino 2 Duo processor, 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, Geforce 7600 Go Graphics. I'm trying to get it working in time to take into my first lecture of the year tomorrow morning, but it looks as though i might have to default back to vista (yuck).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Martin

I've just had a look at the log file of the install, showing errors only. It's fine all the way up until 'installdb'

Quote:

323 Sep 21 01:57:08 localhost installdb[287]: -[iFDBD_SchemaA copyNextPathInto:maxlen:uid:gid:mode:done:]: database error (1): SQL logic error or missing database

324 Sep 21 01:57:08 localhost installdb[287]: -[iFDBD_SchemaA resetFilesEnumerator]: database error (11): database disk image is malformed

it does this all the way down for:

closeNewReceipt

(Utilities) pathkeyForPath:insert:

closeReceipt

anyone? getting a bit close to the line at the moment. Need to get it installing properly ASAP.

Sorry to be so impatient, but i'm on the clock.

After looking again at the logs (and having disabled a lot of options in the install customization, i can see that it always ends with exactly the same thing:

localhost /volumes/Mac OSX/private/tmp/scripts.lo7l/./postinstall[1730]: 2008-09-21 03:43:27.897 netInfoToDS[1740:1a03] (Sleep) prevent machine to sleep

localhost /volumes/Mac OSX/private/tmp/scripts.lo7l/./postinstall[1730]: 2008-09-21 03:43:27.980 netInfoToDS[1740:1a03] tmp dir path = /tmp

installdb[189]: done. (4.136u + 2.688s)

Hi

To be quite honest i have never seen this problem before. However there are a couple things i can suggest,

Firstly are you only trying kalyway? If so then try another distro. I have had major sucess with kalyway but that was only after i had tried everything else. lol

Secondly what are you choosing when you customize? That will have an effect on install that much i am sure off.

323 Sep 21 01:57:08 localhost installdb[287]: -[iFDBD_SchemaA copyNextPathInto:maxlen:uid:gid:mode:done:]: database error (1): SQL logic error or missing database

324 Sep 21 01:57:08 localhost installdb[287]: -[iFDBD_SchemaA resetFilesEnumerator]: database error (11):

database disk image is malformed

Best advice get another distro and try that. Perhaps Leo4all. That part of the error above is defo an error that will prevent you from installing that im sure off and believe me mate im not a mac guru but i am thinking outloud thats all.

Perhaps someone else knows more than me lol

Hope that helps