xp, vista & Leopard. No Linux.

4 posts in this topic

Use your Vista bootloader, and set it up with EasyBCD

That is if they are on different drives. If they are on the same drive, just different partitions, you can use Darwin/Chameleon boot loader.

Truth is, there are tons of threads that address you question.......At the top left side of your screen, you will see the word "Search".....it is a neat idea.....you type in some words, and the computer will find where they are......hehehe sorry I just had to do that.......Good luck

Kenny

I had quite a bit of trouble at first too, and was about to go the linux path until I stumbled on the completely illogical solution.

I have XP 32-bit installed on one HD, and on the second HD, I have 2 partitions, one with Vista 64, and the second partition with Leopard 10.5.4. Leopard was installed using GUID, and not MBR (master boot record) so I cannot say if this will solve it for that option. I also installed Chameleon 1.0.11, though I cannot say if this is a factor.

Basically, I downloaded and installed EasyBCD 1.72 and ran it. Vista declares its drive as drive <C>, which is normal, and thus said XP was on drive <D>. Since EasyBCD only offered 3 choices as the source: drive <C>, <D>, or BOOT, and since Leopard was most assuredly not on the drive with XP, I chose <C>. It never worked. The solution? You guessed it: set Leopard as drive <D>, and lo and behold! Vista boot manager now loads all 3 OSes without a hiccup!