GMA950 in 10.5.4 and 10.5.5

JSn1™

18 posts in this topic

As you may know, there is no "complete" driver solution for GMA950 and 10.5.4/.5.

I have tried several combinations getting different results:

- QE/CI OK, Resolutions OK, Mouse Tearing YES, Black Menus YES

- QE/CI OK, Resolutions NO, Mouse Tearing Never up to this moment, Black Menus NO

- QE/CI NO, Resolutions YES, Mouse Tearing YES, Black Menus NO

----- Currently I am using:

- QE/CI OK, Resolutions NO, Mouse Tearing Never up to this moment, Black Menus NO

Well, Is there something that enables at least QE/CI and resolutions?

Why?, well, let me tell you what happened.

Today, I went to buy a media remote for my OSX86 machine, wow! it works beatiful,

so, I moved the PC to a comfortable place to plug it to a nice sound and big HD TV.

So, I hooked it up, turned up the sound, WOW! amazing, but when I realized that I was

watching a 1024*768 image on a 53" plasma, I felt ... you understand me...

I tried using Graphics Mode, enabling all resolutions from terminal, but nothing...

I tried using drivers from Kalyway, Uphuck and Leo4All, but, there is no "complete" solution.

Just for the note, this is a Desktop PC, with Intel motherboard.

See you around!

• 2 weeks later...
i was having issues with 10.5.5, i ended up keeping the drivers that came installed and only updated the appleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext, i get some minor mouse tearing but i have qe/ci and res change, i included the drivers im using

This pack fixed me right up. Saved my butt; thanks man. :blink:

Hi, I've been testing a little with all those drivers I found and I think the best solution is indeed

QE/CI OK, Resolutions NO, Mouse Tearing Never up to this moment, Black Menus NO

And You should then be able to change your resolution to the correct one using something like switchresx for example...

That used to work for me but in my 10.5.5 system, after a reboot me screen starts flashing like crazy and I haven't found any solution for that... I'm guessing it's all about the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer kext but I'm kind of a noob ;)

Anybody else suggestions?

Hope my info can still help you in some way?

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
i was having issues with 10.5.5, i ended up keeping the drivers that came installed and only updated the appleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext, i get some minor mouse tearing but i have qe/ci and res change, i included the drivers im using

wow, thanks very mush, I turned on my QE/CI yet now.

so happy. thanks again....

Well..gave up on my ATI Radeon x1600 pcie to try on board GMA 950..with original apple kext's..everything working but resolution :blink: better than nothing!..gonna try supermx3 gift :)

Edit:

YAYAAAAAAH :D all resolutions enebled!!!..only installed AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Many many thanks supermx3. Now i realy have a Hackintosh :thumbsup_anim:

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to add my thanks to supermx for FINALLY providing a solution to my woes! I'm running 10.5.6 iDeneb on a Dell XPS M1210 laptop - Every other driver I've tried either didn't work, or required an external monitor to be connected. The ones attached provide full hardware QE/CI and work well with the internal screen! Woo!

Must say I'm impressed with how far OSX86 has come since I last tried it some years ago - I can't think of a feature on my laptop that doesn't now work with Leopard. Even silly stuff like card readers and bluetooth work great.

Thanx ALOT!!! I've been trying thousands drivers, and only this, in less than 5 clicks and boom!! Issue resolved. THANX budy!!!!

Keep well

• 2 months later...
Thanx ALOT!!! I've been trying thousands drivers, and only this, in less than 5 clicks and boom!! Issue resolved. THANX budy!!!!

Keep well

I am trying to get my QE on. I did the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext as some others have done to get my resolutions going again. Excellent. I did have QE in 10.5.5 and I was wondering... where do I put the files...

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

I can install AppleIntelGMA950.kext with Kexthelper B7 but I want to make sure if I screw something up I can fix it without having to reinstall everything again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks a Lot!!! Now Intel GMA 945 finaly is working with 1280x800

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot man, I am using kalyway 10.5.2 and with the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer driver I finally get 1280x800x32 resolution in my nx7400 hackintosh.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Hi, I've been testing a little with all those drivers I found and I think the best solution is indeed

QE/CI OK, Resolutions NO, Mouse Tearing Never up to this moment, Black Menus NO

And You should then be able to change your resolution to the correct one using something like switchresx for example...

That used to work for me but in my 10.5.5 system, after a reboot me screen starts flashing like crazy and I haven't found any solution for that... I'm guessing it's all about the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer kext but I'm kind of a noob :thumbsup_anim:

Anybody else suggestions?

Hope my info can still help you in some way?

cheers!

So i'm a total noob and have no idea on how too check the the above posted settings. I have learned how to use a lot of little tools to help in installing kext files and can't seem to work out my resolution issues. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

So i'm a total noob and have no idea on how too check the the above posted settings. I have learned how to use a lot of little tools to help in installing kext files and can't seem to work out my resolution issues. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks

Hi Mikey,

As you have seen i also had problems enabling Quartz Extreme at first.

I have figured it out though.

Download the 10.5.7 stock kexts. If you want i can upload it. install them. What i did was to install the appleintegratedframebuffer.kext too, but that gave me the white turning to grey screen. I deleted the kext in single user mode (boot with -s parameter) and deleted the kext, and there. QE/CI hardware accelerated with proper resolution. Took me quite a while to fix this :blink:

Hope this helps,

Jethro