HELP! Need guide for installing Kalyway 10.5.2 on Aspire 5920g!

g.alex

5 posts in this topic

Hello everybody out there. First of all, thank you for making such a great community dedicated to OSX86 and it's performance on standard computers. My name's Emy, and im a 19yo Mac OSX devotee, though since i heard about the developing of OSX86 in regular PCs i got so down with it, that i stopped supporting official Apple hardware (i had only bad times with my old 2007 SANTAROSA Macbook Pro). Anyway, im here because, since yesterday i received a new laptop (the Acer Aspire 5920g 2008 recent model), i was wonder to know if someone of you can guide me through all the steps necessary to install and run Kalyway 10.5.2 with 10.5.3 combo update in this laptop. I already tried booting up Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD, but i don't know what options do i need to select under the option "Customize". What should i check to install out there? Since i wanna get rid of Vista, and since my laptop has got 4GB of RAM, i really need an helpful guide to only install and use Kalyway 10.5.2 correctly in this machine (i need it for work purposes with FINAL CUT STUDIO 2), though i dont mind if WLAN nor WIFI might nor work (i dont use them!). The only thing i really need to know is what i MUST check to install under the option "Customize": what audio drivers, what video drivers, what kernel type etc.... As for the videocard itself, since mine it's a Geforce 9500m GS with 512MB, i already know what to do to enable QE/CI correctly (btw, i might help someone out there who's in trouble getting QE/CI enabled with this videocard, just ask me here!), and i already know what to do for getting audio working correctly and so on. So please, let me guys know what i need to check under the option "Customize" to get my machine working correctly with this configuration:

Model: Acer Aspire 5920g

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHZ

RAM: 4GB DDR2

Video: Nvidia Geforce 9500m GS 512MB

Audio: Realtek HD Audio

320GB HDD

DVD-RW burner

Crystal Eye webcam

Bluetooth

802.11a/b/g/Draft-N WLAN

Incorporated Subwoofer

Infrared port

Firewire

HDMI

VGA

5in1 card reader

Express card 54 slot

Hello everybody out there. First of all, thank you for making such a great community dedicated to OSX86 and it's performance on standard computers. My name's Emy, and im a 19yo Mac OSX devotee, though since i heard about the developing of OSX86 in regular PCs i got so down with it, that i stopped supporting official Apple hardware (i had only bad times with my old 2007 SANTAROSA Macbook Pro). Anyway, im here because, since yesterday i received a new laptop (the Acer Aspire 5920g 2008 recent model), i was wonder to know if someone of you can guide me through all the steps necessary to install and run Kalyway 10.5.2 with 10.5.3 combo update in this laptop. I already tried booting up Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD, but i don't know what options do i need to select under the option "Customize". What should i check to install out there? Since i wanna get rid of Vista, and since my laptop has got 4GB of RAM, i really need an helpful guide to only install and use Kalyway 10.5.2 correctly in this machine (i need it for work purposes with FINAL CUT STUDIO 2), though i dont mind if WLAN nor WIFI might nor work (i dont use them!). The only thing i really need to know is what i MUST check to install under the option "Customize": what audio drivers, what video drivers, what kernel type etc.... As for the videocard itself, since mine it's a Geforce 9500m GS with 512MB, i already know what to do to enable QE/CI correctly (btw, i might help someone out there who's in trouble getting QE/CI enabled with this videocard, just ask me here!), and i already know what to do for getting audio working correctly and so on. So please, let me guys know what i need to check under the option "Customize" to get my machine working correctly with this configuration:

Model: Acer Aspire 5920g

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHZ

RAM: 4GB DDR2

Video: Nvidia Geforce 9500m GS 512MB

Audio: Realtek HD Audio

320GB HDD

DVD-RW burner

Crystal Eye webcam

Bluetooth

802.11a/b/g/Draft-N WLAN

Incorporated Subwoofer

Infrared port

Firewire

HDMI

VGA

5in1 card reader

Express card 54 slot

Check this thread...... -_-

Check this thread...... :(

Thanks verdant for providing me some info. Although i do have already seen that thread even though, my answers are still a mistery. I do know how to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on my machine but,i dont really know what to choose under the option "Customize". And since i need Leopard to work again, i dont wanna have a faulty installation, thats all. Wait if someone out there is willed to guide me through all the steps in order to select the right drivers & kernels, under the "Customize" option.

Thanks verdant for providing me some info. Although i do have already seen that thread even though, my answers are still a mistery. I do know how to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on my machine but,i dont really know what to choose under the option "Customize". And since i need Leopard to work again, i dont wanna have a faulty installation, thats all. Wait if someone out there is willed to guide me through all the steps in order to select the right drivers & kernels, under the "Customize" option.

If you read carefully through the posts. especially #4 you will see it tells you what selections to make...... :D Generally for the first go on my oSx86 installs, I do not install video, audio or network drivers......so that i can see if the main system, kernel and SMBIOS options are OK......you can always install video, audio or network drivers drivers later...... :P

If you read carefully through the posts. especially #4 you will see it tells you what selections to make...... :) Generally for the first go on my oSx86 installs, I do not install video, audio or network drivers......so that i can see if the main system, kernel and SMBIOS options are OK......you can always install video, audio or network drivers drivers later...... :)

Hi verdant! I re-checked again the post and all my answers are now answered :D At first i didnt saw them (im at work right now) so i didnt knew what selections to make. Anyway, when i will get back from work i will try it and of course, i will post some screenshots for all you InsanelyMac users. Thanks very :P