Swapping intel 3945 with 2200

Pirateo

3 posts in this topic

No chance, man. Sorry.

Take a look at the 2200. Now at the 3945. The 2200 is over twice the size; same with most Atheros chips. It won't work, at all. It seems that the 3945/4965 are only interchangeable with Dell Truemobile/Broadcom cards. Trust me, I found out the hard way today with an Atheros card. Wasted $40 and two weeks waiting for Miss Wu (that's her name) to ship me the card from China.

Bottom line: get a Broadcom card instead.

Guest BuildSmart
No chance, man. Sorry.

Take a look at the 2200. Now at the 3945. The 2200 is over twice the size; same with most Atheros chips. It won't work, at all. It seems that the 3945/4965 are only interchangeable with Dell Truemobile/Broadcom cards. Trust me, I found out the hard way today with an Atheros card. Wasted $40 and two weeks waiting for Miss Wu (that's her name) to ship me the card from China.

Bottom line: get a Broadcom card instead.

Depending on your laptop, you must determine if it has a miniPCI or miniPCIe slot and then purchase the appropriate card, Atheros are everybit as usefull as Broadcom, I have both Broadcom and Atheros based Dell and HP wifi cards and have not experienced any issues using either chipset based cards.

You say you wasted $40.00 on an Atheros card, perhaps it is wasted because you bought the wrong card or your laptop vendor white-lists the card but if you PM me the card details perhaps I'll take it off your hands so you don't have that wasted feeling anymore.