PS2 keyboard

gurtham

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just downloaded (took 2 weeks!) JaS 10.5.4 to install it on my self built PC, which is made of (relevant stuff only):

- Mobo Abit IP35 (Intel P35, onboard Gigabit LAN and 7.1 audio, JMicron IDE controller)

- CPU Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 (that's a Core 2 Duo with less cache), overclocked to 2.5 GHz

- RAM 4 GB DDR2 800 (2 x 2 GB)

- VGA Asus Geforce 8600GT 512 MB

- HD Seagete Barracuda SATA 160 GB

- CD1 Plextor DVD-ROM IDE

- CD2 NEC DVD-RW IDE with SATA adapter

- PS2 keyboard and mouse

Burned with Toast Titanium 9 with my MacBook's internal Superdrive, JaS does not boot from the Plextor - I presume that's the infamous problem with the JMicron controller. It boots from the NEC, but only if I use the -v option, otherwise it reboots forever. Installer runs fine; I partitioned the disk in two partitions, the first to install Vista later and the second for Leopard.

I was unsure about the packages to install, so I just checked anything that sounded right and kept the vanilla kernel. After install, Leo booted fine, but asked me to plug in a keyboard. And here comes the problem: my keyboard and mouse can work from both PS2 and USB, but I need the keep them attached to the PS2 ports because they go through a KVM switch.

I attached them to USB just to test Leo a bit, and I can report that graphics, USB and the Plextor are working fine, while networking and audio were not recognized, I'll check them later. Even though I selected the two PS2 packages in the installer, I can't find any PS2 thing in the Extensions folder.

Any tip on that?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...