Is this even possible?

bradL

5 posts in this topic

Sorry but I'm new to the OSx86 group. I've always loved Macs but never had the money to buy one. Anyways back to the point I have a HP DV6700 AMD notebook I want to hopefully dual-boot with Vista. I can't make heads or tails out of 92.3% of the things at people are saying in the forums. I have a Kalyway iso burned into a dvd and I restarted and it came up with a black screen and some white text going on but eventually the white text says the same thing over and over. Not the exact same thing but enough for it to catch my eye. Sorry I can't remember what it says but I will post pic of it when I get home. I partitioned my HD in Vista and have a 25 gb partition I want leopard to run in. I can get a retail copy of Leopard and access to a mac. If anyone would or could help me via PMs or on this topic that would be awesome. I would give out more info on my laptop but I don't know how to get it sorry.

Here's some of your specs...most likely for your laptop.

• Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core TK-57 / 1.9 GHz
  • Type L2 cache
  • Cache size 512 KB
  • RAM: 1GB DDR II SDRAM (4GB max)
  • 120 GB Serial ATA (250GB max)
  • 15.4 in TFT active matrix(1200x800)
  • Graphics Processor / Vendor - NVidia GeForce 7150M Go integrated (or 8400M GS 256MB dedicated)
  • CD/DVD (most likely SATA)
  • Chipset: nForce 630M

There are ways of dual booting on the dv6000 series laptops, but most folks found it much easier to just use Leopard on the whole hd.

BTW, I would really recommend iDeneb or Leo4All v4.1 as it has the best "drivers" for your system. It would probably clear up most of the issues on your install.

Keep in mind that some of the dv6000 features are not fully supported yet. For example, if you have GeForce Go 6150 shared video, you will not get the full benefit of QE/CI...meaning graphics capabilities are hindered, some programs may not install or work right because of this. The dedicated video cards are much better supported though.

Thanks again. I'll use hp.com today. I'm in class and I'm about to have an hour break so I'll correct anything that's wrong. Since you said using Leopard on the whole HD would be easier could I still have vista on there as in installing vista after OSX. Could you link me to a guide of dual botting with vista first and one on installing over the whole hd. I've partition the heck out of my hd 4 primary partitions and I think 2 logical ones will that mess the osx install?