Leopard on Thinkpad R60 / T60 - All but Sleep!

pentiumx

1 post in this topic

This is an attempt to consolidate OSX Leopard install success methods on the Thinkpad R60 / T60 (with Core Duo CPUs).

UPDATE: There is a much better way to install Leopard on an R60 now than using these modified installer ISOs, very unmodified of retail install. Some details here.

Basically all is working except sleep. If you have sleep working, please let us know how you did it.

Note

Turn off enhanced SATA mode in bios. I forget exactly what happened when I left it on, but I think it was kernel panics.

Note

Wireless card shipped with these laptops is Intel a/b/g, which as of right now does not have a working driver for OSX86.

Replace the Intel card with an Atheros mini-PCI-express from ebay / etc.

My experience comes from a R60 with X1300 graphics, but most of my results should be similar to the T60.

If you have a R60/T60 with Intel 9xx graphics, please post your results, and if you get SLEEP SUPPORT.

These are my experiences with Kalyway 10.5.2 (doing combo-update 10.5.3 after install) and iATKOS v4 install disks.

Kalyway 10.5.2 with 10.5.3 combo-update and apple 10.5.4 update

Installs

Sleep - not working, no matter which kernel is used. Doing sleep command does not freeze computer.

Powermanagement - none out of box, assume you must install via this method (time consuming)

Speedstep support - unknown

Video - Edit with vendor/device ID of Radeon x1000.kext install method doesn't seem to work

WIFI - install method like this or that assumed to be working

Wired LAN - not working out of box

Sound - working out of box

iATKOS v4

Installs

Sleep - not working, no matter which kernel used. Doing sleep command freezes computer.

Powermanagement - working out of box; battery meter works as it should.

Speedstep support - computer is unstable if speedstep applet / thing is installed. Installing without speedstep checked seems to still have speedstep supported (needs verification)

Video - Edit with vendor/device ID of Radeon x1000.kext install method works

WIFI - install method for Atheros works

Wired LAN - working out of box

Sound - working out of box

Leo4All

have not tried yet

JaS

have not tried yet

Main objective is to get sleep working.

I am going to try Kalyway again right now with ACPI patch enabled (as mentioned here).