Mirror Laptop screen to Desktop monitor

robenwzrdhat

3 posts in this topic

Heya guys,

I've installed OS X on my dell laptop and I'm trying to get the display to output to my desktop monitor so I can code on it.

So far, I hit "mirror desktop" and i get nothing but squiggly (static) lines displayed on both screens. So, I unplug the monitor, laptop returns to normal,

but I can't undo the "mirror desktop" setting. Been hunting for hours for a solution, please help?

• 2 weeks later...

K, i'm going to have to bump this. I'm running a dell e1405 w/ a 965 graphics chip set. I need to mirror my laptop display to my desktop. From my readings I have found this to be a problem.

So far I've managed to get my laptop to detect the display through a vga output. EXTEND desktop worked just fine and dandy.... but MIRROR DEKSTOP is failing me, hard. I just get the static on both monitors. I CAN"T UNDO THE "MIRROR DESKTOP" OPTION!!!!!! Is there a way to reset this setting w/o plugging in my other monitor? This is the last piece of my puzzle (STARTED IN APRIL!).

Btw, just got VMWare workstation 6 version of 10.5.2 working, but it's a li'l slow for my liking. Great guide can be found by pcwiz.

• 6 months later...