Installation not working (Acer Aspire 5672)

agjell

3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install iATKOS v4i (OSX86 10.5.4) on my Acer Aspire 5672 laptop and cannot get it to work. When I boot from the DVD and press any button to install, it shows me a white screen with an apple logo and nothing else happens. When I try installing with -v, the last thing on the list is "ioapic: version 0x20 vectors 64:87". I tried searching around for a solution but can't find one. Did I miss a step?

I'm trying to install iATKOS v4i (OSX86 10.5.4) on my Acer Aspire 5672 laptop and cannot get it to work. When I boot from the DVD and press any button to install, it shows me a white screen with an apple logo and nothing else happens. When I try installing with -v, the last thing on the list is "ioapic: version 0x20 vectors 64:87". I tried searching around for a solution but can't find one. Did I miss a step?

Hey agjell,

I also tried a lot of different iAtkos versions and kept getting error "ioapic: version 0x20 vectors 64:87". Finally, after a few tryouts and wasting a few DVDs, i managed to get it work on my Aspire 5672wlmi with iAtkos v1.0iR2.

What you can do is, pop in the dvd, when the countdown for leopard installation starts, you have to press F8.

After you press F8, just type "cpus=1" and hit enter, then you should a screen with apple logo and booting cursor.After a while leopard installation starts, then go to disk utilities and follow regular installation procedure given in lot of guides.

Remember -After the installation is finished, whenever you want to start leopard, you will have to press F8 and then type "cpus=1" on leopard partition every single time you want to use leopard.

I ve got leopard working with dual boot vista and XP so far. Only resolution available to me on my ATI mobility radeon is 1024X768. Sound working out of the box. LAN,WiFi bluetooth not working. I m tryin out a few things for full resolution.

You might try using the above method with any iAtkos you want. Dont select any patches during install.Just use darwin EFI and sse2/sse3 kernel.

Let me know if you need help anytime.

I m available @ wanda_lensh@yahoo.com