HELP PLZ!

flamee

14 posts in this topic

{censored} off worm

you actually expect people to help you when you are too lazy to spend time reading, dont {censored} me about how you couldnt find anything, all the information you need is in the stickies. And if u cant get it to work, you dont make a thread called HELP PLZ!!!!!

Wow, and I thought I was hard on the n00bs! Yow!

The answer is in the forums. Nobody is just going to give you a link because most people can't - off the top of their head - remember where it is. They would spend the same amount of time looking for it that you would. Why should we spend time doing your homework? You'll find it eventually. You might have to spend 2 hours a day reading for an entire week, but you'll find it.

For once Kiko is right!!

I spent 5 min to figure out he has:

1x Integrated Marvell E8039 10/100 network interface card - driver available

1 x Broadcom BCM4312 Wi-Fi Adapter (802.11b/g) (most probably) - needs Device ID change in IO80211Family.kext

SticMAN

Every time I think I've seen it all another n00b comes along and proves me wrong.

You have to TRY to not see the sticky topic about the 3945abg card with over TWO THOUSAND posts in it.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

flambee, here's a prediction: you will never get your ethernet working on OSX.

ok guys i found it but can you help me edit the AppleYokon2.kext how do it do that

1. you should to edit AppleYokon2.kext

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext

cd Contents

sudo nano Info.plist

2. you find <key>Yukon-88E8055</key> and delete all

3. edit <key>Yukon-88E8053</key> to <key>Yukon-88E8055</key>

4. edit <string>0×436211ab</string> to <string>0×436311ab</string>

5. edit <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper SA</string> to

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8055 Singleport Copper SA</string>

6. Ctrl+O enter and Ctrl+q to exit

7. download and install PCCard.10.5.2.Beta2.pkg.zip

8. reboot

9.is work

I will save you the time since everybody likes to reply to give you the "look it up noob" answer but can't simply say, the intel 3945 wifi drivers arent available.... There is some very premature drivers that might possibly work but only allow you to connect to a non-secure wifi connection, and your wifi will be detected as ethernet, which defeats the purpose of having an Airport in your network connections, because you can not take advantage of those extra features an airport card would provide. So your best bet is to replace that 3945 card with a broadcom 4311 or an atheros and have an actual wifi card that is natively supported in OS X. Just for future references flamee, when you post, please provide a little more information on your problems. Unfortunately there are people out there that get satisfaction saying "look it up noob", but there are some people out there that are willing to help, with the provided information necessary to help with your issue.

ok guys i found it but can you help me edit the AppleYokon2.kext how do it do that

1. you should to edit AppleYokon2.kext

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext

cd Contents

sudo nano Info.plist

2. you find <key>Yukon-88E8055</key> and delete all

3. edit <key>Yukon-88E8053</key> to <key>Yukon-88E8055</key>

4. edit <string>0×436211ab</string> to <string>0×436311ab</string>

5. edit <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper SA</string> to

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8055 Singleport Copper SA</string>

6. Ctrl+O enter and Ctrl+q to exit

7. download and install PCCard.10.5.2.Beta2.pkg.zip

8. reboot

9.is work

Unfortunately there are people out there that get satisfaction saying "look it up noob", but there are some people out there that are willing to help, with the provided information necessary to help with your issue.

I get no satisfaction whatsoever from hitting n00bs with a clue stick. Ideally there would be a special forum for newbies and they would be restricted to it for their first 5 or 6 posts. That would cut down on the noise tremendously. But since there is not, pointing out how lazy they are is the only outlet for the frustration we experience when we see the same mindless dreck over and over again, day after day after day.

I've been known to help newbies when they don't exhibit signs of terminal brain death. Unfortunately the other 95% of them just add to the noise.

• 1 year later...