10.5.4 Working -Not so fast

bl003r

8 posts in this topic

I've been lurking for some time waiting in most to get the incredibly slow torrent finished of Kalyways 10.5.2 dvd. Anyhow got it and installed successfully, have done Kaly's 10.5.3 combo update and then apples 10.5.4 update. It seems to me like I have a fully functional Hack. I've run Logic Pro 8 and PT LE 7.4cs2 also with no apparent issues. Thanks to all for the information provided in these forums.

System Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.22GHz

Asus Maximus Formula SE (with Rampage Formula BIOS 0403) Intel X38/ICH9R

2Gb Mushkin XP2 8500

BFG 512Mb 8800GT OC (G92)

SupremeFXII sound

Digidesign 003R

WD 640 Gb AAKS - OSX system drive

WD 500 Gb AAKS - OSX data/backup drive

WD 500 Gb AAKS - NTFS read only in OSX

WD 200 Gb - NTFS read only in OSX

Seagate 320Gb 7200.10 - NTFS read only in OSX

WD 74 Gb Raptor - NTFS Win XP Pro 32bit (swap out with 640 AAKS)

Corsair HX 520

Cheers, but....

Actually seems I spoke too soon after doing the 10.5.4 update.

Now I have to hit any key and type update -v to boot to OS X.

Is there something I missed because after I have done "update -v" it seems to behave without an issue?

Is there a way to remove the 10.5.4 update because I can still boot into OSX if I do the update -v thing otherwise machine just cycles rebooting itself?

Should add that I have searched insanelymac and can't find something that describes a fix for my issue.

"update" is a 9.20 kernel renamed by Kalyway. It is not a command.

The Vanilla 9.4.0 kernel should work on your machine as it is Intel Core2 CPU on Intel Chipset. If it is not working, just delete mach_kernel in the root directory and copy "update" as mach_kernel or install 9.4.0 modbin patched kernel using osx86tools

Thanks for the response, unfortunately I haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

I cannot find 'root' directory and I tried to install a vanilla 9.4.0 kernel with OSx86tools but it doesn't look like it's even installed it because I go back to osxtools and it detects ToH 9.2.0 kernel after reboot again with update -v. Without update -v the PC just cycles reboot still.