Need help finding a GA-P35-DS3L Rev. 02

2 posts in this topic

I'm in the process of specing out a new machine that's going to be 90% hackintosh and 10% windows gaming machine. (for reference, I'm upgrading from a 3GHZ Pentium4 with tons of os x issues)

So far I've decided on:

GA-P35-DS3L Rev 02

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

BFG Tech overclocked 8800GT 512MB (I know about the 512MB issues, but I can work around that)

SpinPoint F1 HDD

Encore gigabit ethernet (as apparently the p35 has sleep issues with onboard and psystar drivers)

And so on .....

ALAS! I'm having a hard time finding a GA-P35-DS3L Rev 2 online! Newegg and everyone else seems to have dropped it. I've found only ONE on ebay that states it's a Rev 02 and there's no buy it now or anything of the sort and I want to get everything ordered over the weekend!

SO, my request from everyone here. Does anyone know where you can currently purchase a GA-P35-DS3L Rev 02 preferably new online? If so, link me please. Otherwise, what is a good motherboard that's just as compatible (i'm wanting to go as vanilla as possible)

that would work with what I have so far?

I have been researching, and will continue to do so. However, I thought I would post here in case anyone had any suggestions. I do appreciate everyone's time. AND, any one who has any suggestions for better hardware/cheaper hardware including memory and case selections, let me know!

• 2 months later...
I'm in the process of specing out a new machine that's going to be 90% hackintosh and 10% windows gaming machine. (for reference, I'm upgrading from a 3GHZ Pentium4 with tons of os x issues)

So far I've decided on:

GA-P35-DS3L Rev 02

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

BFG Tech overclocked 8800GT 512MB (I know about the 512MB issues, but I can work around that)

SpinPoint F1 HDD

Encore gigabit ethernet (as apparently the p35 has sleep issues with onboard and psystar drivers)

And so on .....

ALAS! I'm having a hard time finding a GA-P35-DS3L Rev 2 online! Newegg and everyone else seems to have dropped it. I've found only ONE on ebay that states it's a Rev 02 and there's no buy it now or anything of the sort and I want to get everything ordered over the weekend!

SO, my request from everyone here. Does anyone know where you can currently purchase a GA-P35-DS3L Rev 02 preferably new online? If so, link me please. Otherwise, what is a good motherboard that's just as compatible (i'm wanting to go as vanilla as possible)

that would work with what I have so far?

I have been researching, and will continue to do so. However, I thought I would post here in case anyone had any suggestions. I do appreciate everyone's time. AND, any one who has any suggestions for better hardware/cheaper hardware including memory and case selections, let me know!

I have a spare Gigabyte's GA-P35-DS3L rev 2 mobo (used but still works great). Its great for building a Hackintosh and easy to overclock the q6600 cpu to 3Ghz. PM me if you want it. I'll sell it for a cheap price.