Apple Updates?

tck80s

2 posts in this topic

I currently have Mac OS X 10.4.8 up and running. When running iTunes it asked me to update my machine. I was wondering if I should update them through that or some way else. I did try doing all 4 updates which are:

- Java for Mac OS X 10.4, Release 5

- X11 Update 2006

- AirPort Extreme Update 2007-002

- Mac OS X Update Combined (Intel)

When I did that before, my machine would never boot up. It would have me restart when the white screen with the apple logo came on. If anyone can help that would be great.

I currently have Mac OS X 10.4.8 up and running. When running iTunes it asked me to update my machine. I was wondering if I should update them through that or some way else. I did try doing all 4 updates which are:

- Java for Mac OS X 10.4, Release 5

- X11 Update 2006

- AirPort Extreme Update 2007-002

- Mac OS X Update Combined (Intel)

When I did that before, my machine would never boot up. It would have me restart when the white screen with the apple logo came on. If anyone can help that would be great.

You can safely update Java and X11, Quicktime and ITunes 8 without any mods.

Airport update is not needed so You can skip it (I guess You don't have A. Extreme card, so why to update it :-)

10.4.11 combo update need some post install mods, see this topic for more... http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107760

Good luck, Michael