Upgrading to 10.5.5 using Apple updater?

wanderson9

6 posts in this topic

I currently have a Toshiba Satellite P105 dual-booting Mac OS X Leopard Kalyway 10.5.2 and I need help updating it. I currently am using a the vanilla kernel, and I tried to upgrade it through the Apple updater, but it just gives me the GSOD (Grey Screen of Death).

Computer Specs:

Intel 945 GM (working)

Conexant Audio Card (working with modded bios)

Intel Core 2 Duo(Conroe) 1.88 gHZ

Thanks,

William Anderson

I currently have a Toshiba Satellite P105 dual-booting Mac OS X Leopard Kalyway 10.5.2 and I need help updating it. I currently am using a the vanilla kernel, and I tried to upgrade it through the Apple updater, but it just gives me the GSOD (Grey Screen of Death).

Computer Specs:

Intel 945 GM (working)

Conexant Audio Card (working with modded bios)

Intel Core 2 Duo(Conroe) 1.88 gHZ

Thanks,

William Anderson

I tried 9f32 over my 10.5.4 vanilla install (ga-ex38-dq6 m/board), all prepared to follow the netkas instructions, but there was no 'DonotStealMacOS' to be changed in /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1 and no file /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext added.

System rebooted ok, missing hda sound and pata HDDs on the initial boot, but on the subsequent boot the pata HDDs showed up. Leopard is on a sata drive.

Point being, if you haven't already tried, a boot using -f -x -v may be enough get it going ?

Good luck.