Realtek 8139D Looses Connection:S

ASNNetworks

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I got a nForce 750i motherbord..I heard that the nForce LAN doesn't work, so I went and bought a Realtek 8139D, I heard that LAN with the Realtek 8139 chipset work out of the box...Well, it works out of the box, but looses connection after a few minutes:S Sometimes after an hour, sometimes after 5 minutes...I even installed the drivers posted on this forum...Noting works...I disabled the nForce LAN at BIOS by the way...

This are my complete pc specs..

CPU : Q6600@2.4Ghz

Motherbord: Asus P5N-D 750i nForce

Graphix: XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog XXX Edition

RAM: 2GB DDR2@800Mhz + 1GB DDR2@800Mhz

HDD: Samsung SATA 160GB

DVD/CD: Samsung

I really hope someone can help me out here..I had a perfectly working hackintosh previously, but I wanted to upgrade my pc, and it's not so compatible anymore...

Thanks in advance

Maybe it's an IRQ Conflict or the kext your using, it seems other have your issue too. Are you positive it's the realtek and NOT your router crashing for whatever reason? Try moving PCI slots and see if that helps, stress test it under windows and see what you come up with.

Good luck!

It works perfectly under Vista, I have NEVER lost connection on Vista...So it HAS to be the PCI...Moving it to a different slot didn't work for me:(

I use it heavily on Vista, downloading torrents with 1-1.5MB/s(Megabyte)

I guess I have to get the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter, then...