Shared Memory NVIDIA Cards

ObsidianX

5 posts in this topic

Hey folks, I know this topic has been done to death, but my question to the community is: does anybody know any way we could get a hold of the MacVidia developer to request/purchase/whatever the source code for MacVidia? It is inches away from making these cards work and is locked away some where. If someone could get a hold of the source code and make the necessary adjustments to the code then it would quite possibly allow all the newer cards to work with at least a native resolution.

When I attempt to use the older revisions of MacVidia on my 7150M card I see in the dmesg output that it discovers the right resolution and is about to set it, but then causes a kernel panic. As I understand it, this is due to the memory overlapping with system memory and the driver not knowing how to properly access the video's shared memory.

I don't know if this will go anywhere, it's just my hope that the MacVidia folks will lend us a hand.

-ObsidianX

One more thing to add: My intentions with this are NOT, I repeat, NOT to get QE/CI enabled with this but simply have the proper resolution on my laptop. If we did happen upon getting the sources it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to try implementing some sort of QE/CI support into it but that would NOT be my main goal for starters.

Just thought I'd make that clear after reading so many posts on here about people down-talking attempts such as this because of the futility in QE/CI.

• 10 months later...
One more thing to add: My intentions with this are NOT, I repeat, NOT to get QE/CI enabled with this but simply have the proper resolution on my laptop. If we did happen upon getting the sources it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to try implementing some sort of QE/CI support into it but that would NOT be my main goal for starters.

Just thought I'd make that clear after reading so many posts on here about people down-talking attempts such as this because of the futility in QE/CI.

If you just wanted the proper resolution, then you can just edit the apple boot and input whatever resolution your display is.

Worked for me

If you just wanted the proper resolution, then you can just edit the apple boot and input whatever resolution your display is.

Worked for me

Is there any tutorials or what not that would show how to do this? I'm not sure I would even know how to attempt this.

Cheers,

Christian