Stuck at language selection

Dyonas

3 posts in this topic

I've tried both iAtkos 4 and the JaS release with 10.5.4 but had no luck then I decided to give both Kalyway and Leo4All a try using the older 10.5.2 releases. They seem like they will work but for some reason I can't work out, after installation when I get to the keyboard and language selection screen I go through that and then it asks if I already own a Mac and want to import from a backup etc. I tell it that I don't have a Mac, click continue and then nothing happens. It refuses to go past this stage and after a few minutes seems to restart back at the introduction video and language selection screen all over again. Both Kalyway and Leo4All do the exact same thing for me so it must be a wider issue.

This is being installed on a laptop with the dreaded Intel 965 express chipset and X3100 GMA combination but other than being stuck at this point, these two releases seem as though they might have a chance of being more stable for me if I can get past this part. CPU is a C2D if it matters. Any help would be appreciated, I'm a complete noob when it comes to all of this so if you've got some guide or solution, please, make it as simple as you can :(

Hey,

This is a common problem. To fix do this

1) Boot into single user mode (-s at darwin prompt)

2) Type in

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

3) Log in with username root and the password you just created.

4) Go to System Preferences > Accounts to change the account name.