Website development suggestion

agiveon

2 posts in this topic

I had a very interesting weekend.. I could call it "OSX86 weekend".

To cut a story short, before the weekend, I had NO CLUE about OSX86, now it takes me about 8 minutes per iteration of OSX86 installation on a configuration I am using (trying a couple of directions to solve some problems in it).

I have to say that I am where I am due to an amazing member of this community (chevy2410) who literally spent Saturday (and I mean the WHOLE day) with me online (through chat) to finally figure out I burned my DVD's wrong (noobie mistake, for sure), which was hard to figure out because another DVD I did burn right was scratched... anyways...

I would like to suggest something for this forum. I am not sure it is possible to do with the website tools here, but maybe we can find some tool that can do it (I started looking).

I would like to suggest a database of perfect installs (which I know somewhat exists in a sporadic way) but in a very structured way that we decide on. From what I see, a "card" should have the hardware configuration (seems to me that its a VERY finite length, probably 4-8 categories, such as MB, memory, video, etc.). Then there is the ACTIONS taken to get to the working status. Even the working status seems to be a finite-length list of items such as video, USB, network, etc.

Ideally, in my vision of this, it would be a simple form that a user fills out after or even during installation (to help the user backtrack if needed for trial and error). On the other hand, other users can search the database of submitted "forms" according to one or more categories (for example, I might have some MB and CPU and I want to see how "far" I am from a configuration that already been successful).

I cannot say my experience with OSX86 has been painless and I want to make it painless for others...

Thank you very much. Those are some kind words. I love helping others out who are willing to listen. I got a lot of help when I first broke into the community, man that was back in the Deadmoo image days. Wow look how far it has come. No install Dvds back then. Anyway thanks alot.

Cheers,

Chevy :angel: